Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games that need the Sega Ages remake treatment.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Games that need the Sega Ages remake treatment. - Oct 20, 2004 06:12
This is kind of a double edged sword given the quality of the Sega Ages remakes so far. The majority of them have been pretty mediocre with only a few gems like Fantasy Zone, Outrun, and Afterburner 2... Everything else has pretty much been MEH. With the recent release of Sega Ages Virtua Fighter 2, one would think that THAT game would be a fun and easy project especially since AM2 was handling it themselves. Quality was in the BANK! Or so we thought! It' s understandable that the transition from 2D sprites to 3D polygons may have been tough for most of those remade games but C' mon, Virtua Fighter 2 was already in 3D and on arcade hardware far inferior to what the PS2 is capable of but yet even AM2 dropped the ball on this one with a port/conversion that sort of Bites. The graphics of the PS2 version is inferior in EVERY way to the Model 2 classic.. Unbelievable.

Anyways the game I was kinda hoping for some day are:

Sega Ages Shinobi (The original arcade classic)
Sega Ages Thunderblade
Sega Ages Hang-On
Sega Ages Super Hang-On
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10/20/2004 6:13:37 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Games that need the Sega Ages remake treatment. - Oct 20, 2004 07:58
I hope they call the new Shinobi " Shin Shinobi-Den" because that would be completely awesome. I have no idea why. But you have to admit that any game called " Shin Shinobi-Den" would rule Earth.

The original arcade version should be included with each title. Except Shadow Dancer. That arcade kind of blew chunks, especially compared to the far superior looking Genesis version. Also they need to Sega Ages-ize:

Alex Kidd and da Lost Starz (it was an arcade),
Quartet (Awesome music, better than MC Hammer even)
Enduro Racer (Better than Final Fantasy 7 by a factor of 90 million! But still boring.
Pat Riley Basketball (Not quite as good as Final Fantasy 7, but oh well).
Wonderboy in Monsterland, Wonder Boi III: Teh Dragonz TrapXorz, & Wonderboy 4 Monster World. Teh awezome!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/20/2004 8:04:45 AM >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Games that need the Sega Ages remake treatment. - Oct 21, 2004 04:02
Panzer Dragoon and Daytona USA would be two good Sega Ages remakes.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Games that need the Sega Ages remake treatment. - Oct 21, 2004 04:58
Have they already remade the Golden Axe series? I always preferred playing that rather than playing Gauntlet...great game that was.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Games that need the Sega Ages remake treatment. - Oct 21, 2004 06:15
Yes, Golden Axe has been redone and it looks like ass, and apparently plays like it as well. Golden Axe and Gauntlet are nearly identical games and are therefore directly comparable. Most people can' t even tell them apart. But I agree that playing Golden Axe is more fun.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll