Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Forza 2
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
Forza 2 - Mar 05, 2007 13:15
1up calls it a preview, but it seems more like an interview. Still, a lot of details and idea' s are discussed, and it seems to be stepping up the racing genre.

I' m really excited about his description of the AI, and I hope it isn' t more talk than action when it comes out. One issue I' ve always had with a lot of the racing games is a computer that constantly pulls clean lines, doesn' t care about contact, and typically does the same time lap after lap. For me, the computer AI in GT3 and 4 was its biggest drawback. I don' t care as much about damage or bodykits as lots of people, so having an AI that even though it was difficult, was predictable, and boring created a major drawback. If Forza outdoes GT on this, and delivers driving dynamics that are close to as good, or equal, I could see myself regarding it as my new favorite racing sim.

The idea of online tournaments, and the amount of customization in suspension bits, turbo kits, and engine build ups looks great, and definitely shows what the next gen titles should be offering.

So far, some of the car models don' t look quite as nice as GT4 HD, I think it might be the reflections, and the lines aren' t quite as sharp in some cases. However, it' s damn close, offers damage, and more customization, so I wouldn' t say its worse off by any means, and in fact, would say the extra features it has, outweigh the slightly worse vehicle rendering. The detail surrounding the track is better though, and should really help offer a very cinematic experience.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Forza 2 - Mar 05, 2007 21:29
I' m trying to check this out, I have T1 lan here and I still always end up pulling my hair out with 1up!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Forza 2 - Mar 06, 2007 08:33
Forza became one of my favorite racing games of all time. That was mostly due to the fact of the high amount of car customizing. Aethetics and functionality. This would make having a trade option within the game. Sure anyone can go thru and collect all the cars but to have a fully tricked out car maxed out in performance and with a nunique look to go with it thats somthing worth trading. I never much got why youd have a trade option in a racing game when any person could eventually get all the cars on their own.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Forza 2 - Mar 07, 2007 02:39
I think they' ve got something unique going on with Forza 2. Che Chou used to be with 1up.com, and I reckon he' s infusing a lot of that community feel to Forza.

There' s some good stuff on the main site, with the pitpass reports and the dyno spotlights. And like the 1up preview says, this is really the first game that has encompassed what MS wanted Live to be, not just online gaming, but community making and sharing stuff between themselves too.

International tournaments and hugely customisable cars, with a proper trading system just sounds awesome. They just need a PGR style TV broadcast system and a way for viewers to rate the drivers on skill and class, to complete the package.
ryoga

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Forza 2 - Mar 07, 2007 20:02
This should be good. We need a decent steering wheel though. I haven' t tried the wireless one for XBox 360 but I' m hoping Logitech will release that G25 wheel for the 360. I hear that wheel is the dogs!

xLeague.tv
< Message edited by ryoga -- 7 Mar 07 12:02:38 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread