Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 20, 2007 15:40
http://forzamotorsport.net/news/announcements/carlist.htm

The full car list' s out. 303 in total along with 7+ cars that are exclusive in some way. Gotta say they' ve come out all looking sweet. And my car' s in there too, yay.

Also with no less than 14 Porsche 911 GT3s!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Apr 07 7:50:11 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 20, 2007 16:24
M3-GTR
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 20, 2007 16:42
Sweet list. This game is going to last me a long time.

Although I had a look at the Forza Forum discussion about the list and all I saw was complaints left, right and center. There' s 310 cars for God' s sake! You' d think they' d be grateful but, of course, " obscure car #3123" didn' t make it into the list - therefore it sucks.
choupolo

RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 20, 2007 20:51
Heh, thats always the way. People were even complaining around the time of GT4 lol. I think they' ve chosen a pretty focused group of racing bred cars. Plus the more focused the better the customisation options we' ll get - rather than generic front spoiler no.15 as in NFSU.

I like what Che Chou does with the website. Theres some cool audio clips available of the real cars they sampled. The guys making the game seem to be car nuts, which is a good sign. I can just hear that M3-GTR now.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Apr 07 12:52:32 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 21, 2007 04:10
It' s got my favorite, the 1969 Fairlady Z (260 Z). I also was surprised to see an ' 85 Toyota Corolla hatchback, because my first car was an ' 83 Corolla.
choupolo

RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 21, 2007 11:57
Yea, I dont quite get the Corolla fetish that seems to exist in certain parts of the world!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 21, 2007 12:05

Yea, I dont quite get the Corolla fetish that seems to exist in certain parts of the world!

It' s because for its time, it was an affordable Lotus Europa or Elise.

It had great sports car DNA. Light Chassis, Perfect Weight Distro, High Revving Powerplant, Low Weight. The only thing it was missing to be like sports cars of old is a convertible. However, for enthusiasts, hardtops are always the way to go.

There are too many idiots who jumped on the bandwagon for drifting, and don' t aprreciate what the car truly is.

It was also one of the last economy cars with RWD, something I wish wasn' t the case. I would kill for companies to start making more RWD sport coupes, like an Integra or Civic with RWD, a Celica with RWD or inteligent AWD, etc.

Big HP is great, but a light chassis with the right engine can offer the same thrills and speed as a v8 GT car. Just look at the Lotus Exige S, it puts the hurt on cars with 3 times the cylinders, 3 times the displacement, and tires nearly twice as wide.
choupolo

RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 21, 2007 12:39
Ah I see. That does sound like a great package. The only RWD hothatch available in the UK now is the BMW 130i, but it' s so expensive! ....and ugly!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 21, 2007 12:58
Corolla was my first car too... what a slow unresponsive piece of crap, anytime I needed to accelerate quickly the thing shitted itself.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Apr 07 5:01:05 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Forza 2 - Full car list totals 310 - Apr 21, 2007 15:34

Ah I see. That does sound like a great package. The only RWD hothatch available in the UK now is the BMW 130i, but it' s so expensive! ....and ugly!

Its the same here in North America, except we don' t even get good Hot Hatches .

Car reviewers and enthusiasts always have one nagging factor with FWD cars. Understeer and torque steer. Cars like the Civic type R manage to get around it with a great LSD and low torque/high hp engine, but if they were to add another 60hp with a turbo or displacement, that wonderful balance would nearly go to shit. Look at the Voxel Astra VXR, huge hp, great response, handles like crap. The problem is, nowadays with Direct Injection turbo engines, its extremely easy to get 260hp and more often than not 300hp out of a 2litre 4 cylinder engine. They stick em in cars like the Mazdaspeed 3, Dodge Caliber SRT4, Voxel VXR, and they get decent results, but then cars with similar hp like the Evo and STI spank them silly because they have the right setup for that power.

Who wouldn' t want a 280hp RWD Civic or GTI ? I don' t want to be limited to big muscle cars for cheap RWD power.

BTW, do you guys get the Nissan Silvia over in Europe?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll