Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Former star turning his back on Star Wars
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Former star turning his back on Star Wars - Jun 29, 2004 17:03

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamStarWars/oct11_starwars-sun.aspx

LONDON, England -- The Star Wars franchise can no longer be taken seriously, according to one former Jedi master.

" Ummm, well, they' ve kind of got silly now, haven' t they?" actor Liam Neeson told The Toronto Sun yesterday while doing interviews for his latest film, the forthcoming ensemble romantic comedy Love Actually.

" That last (Star Wars movie) was just pyrotechnics, you know," Neeson said of Episode II -- Attack of The Clones, lamenting that the " computerized stuff" fails to connect with either the actors or audiences.

Neeson said he expects nothing different when Episode III, in which he is not involved, is released in 2005 to complete the prequel trilogy.

Yet Neeson has no regrets about his own participation in Star Wars lore, despite feeling that he did less than stellar work in 1999 in Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace.

" The one I did, I loved working on it," he said, " and I loved working with George Lucas."

Neeson played Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi master knight who counsels Obi-Wan Kenobi and the young Anakin Skywalker.

" Admittedly," Neeson said with a wane smile, " we all come across as pretty wooden. But a lot of that was interacting with blue screen, which was difficult and was also a great challenge, you know, to try to make it seem as an everyday thing that (you' re with) a winged beast that talks."

Blue screen is an in-studio process in which actors literally perform in front of a giant blue screen, replaced later with computerized special effects. " But listen," Neeson said, " I' m glad I did it." (More in JAM! Star Wars)

A little late joining the rest of the world, eh Liam?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Former star turning his back on Star Wars - Jun 29, 2004 18:09
Ya the 1st two werent to great and fiiting, I' ll probably only see the next one just do see the amount of supposed violence (lotsa amputation and decapitation).

I' ve never been a big Star Wars fan neways so owell.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/29/2004 6:10:20 PM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Former star turning his back on Star Wars - Jun 30, 2004 06:11
enjoyed the originals, and i haven' t been overly impressed with the prequels. I agree with much of what he is saying, too bad, like the rest of the world, i have been saying it since episode 1 was released.
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Former star turning his back on Star Wars - Jun 30, 2004 09:06
Mark Hamill has also recently come out and been quite critical of Lucas of late. However his rant was more to do with Lucas not making more movies with Mark. He also rips into the new trilogy.

In fairness the child actor from episode one was one of the worst performances I' ve ever seen. Hated ep 2 also except for the Yoda battle scene, the action keeps the interest towards the end but man oh man way to go to ruin your legacy george.

On the Hamill note, I guess you would be annoyed if all your starring roles these days are in cartoons :D

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll