Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 18:55
TeamXbox
Well cool... ahg this week is gonna be info overload hell!!! GOOD LUCK KIKIZO STAFF!!!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 19:17
Kikizo ain' t at E3. They' re all in line waiting to see Star Wars 3.

I like how only some of the current Xbox games will be backwards compatible, which means they are using emulation. PS3 will be backwards compatible all the way to PS1 so you can play Motor Toon Grand Prix. Revolution will be backwards compatible with Gamecube.

Hmmm... if I jump to conclusioons (which I enjoy doing), I would say that MS will be number 2 again this time around.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 19:20
WOW WOW friggin WOW is all I' ve got to say about the news of a Final Fantasy game being released for the Xbox. I' ve been saying all along that Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest would be Xbox' s only hope to win the Japanese gaming public over...

But to play devil' s advocate, while Microsoft securing Final Fantasy XI for Xbox is major news, it' s sort of a little too late as they' re ending the Xbox' s life at the end of the year AND the Xbox STILL has a piss-poor userbase in Japan where the series is way more popular.

For the Xbox360 that would' ve been an absolute BOMBSHELL of an announcement no doubt!!!
Mass X

RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 19:40
well is Square-Enix is finally showing Microsoft love dont you think if they do well enuff on the xbox that they most likly will make a return and show up on the 360?

ya i noticed that it just said top selling...well at least its somthign but o god how great it would be to have full backward compatibility.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 17 May 05 3:41:43 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 20:10

well is Square-Enix is finally showing Microsoft love dont you think if they do well enuff on the xbox that they most likly will make a return and show up on the 360?

I learned long ago not to trust them, lol.. Square Enix - mainly the Squaresoft side of it - may release a game for a non-Sony console but the trick is getting them to come back and do another, lol.. Xbox360 would have definitely benefitted way more from such an announcement, there' s not much for the current Xbox platform to gain from it I would think.

They should have had a Xbox360 version of the game available at launch instead.. Instant cha-ching!!!;)
Mass X

RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 20:40
Terry I just been corrected. Square Enix is developing FFXI and other games for XBOX360 with full Xbox Live compatibility.

At its pre-E3 new conference, Microsoft confirmed three major milestones: Japanese RPG giant Square Enix will create role-playing games for Xbox 360, starting with Final Fantasy XI with full Xbox Live compatibility. The game' s content will remain the same, but obviously the graphics will see immense changes and improvements. Additional Square Enix games will follow.
gmasterluis

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 21:30
Pretty nice to hear that. I wanted Square Enix or Namco (cuz of Xenosaga) and maybe the guys who do Shin-Megami-Tensei to get on the Xbox 360. I' ll probably buy this right after I get my Nintendo Revolution (unless I can secure the cash to get NR on launch day and still get a 360 before then).

If it' s going to be backwards compatible with its top-selling games, expect titles like Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Rainbow Six 3 (maybe, black arrow is practically just a better 3), PGR 2, Ghost Recon 2, and those are only a few.

Did I forget one? Oh, right... HALO 2!

If my Xbox 360 can play Halo 2, as well as give me an mmorpg from the premiere RPG developer (well, at least until their credibility began to decline after Final Fantasy VIII... cuz God knows it sucked...) I think I' ll be happy with my new console.

A nice suggestion would be to make the " shoulder" (read: black and white) a little better looking, they look kinda of sunken in but elongated (similar to the Nintendo 64' s controller).
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final Fantasy XI for Xbox? Backward compatibility a Yes? - May 16, 2005 22:48
Final Fantasy 11 is old. Who wants to play that? It should be Final fantasy 13 or 14 or maybe 12 or something like that. A new game that people will actually want to play maybe.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll