Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fight Night Round 3 demo
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 06, 2006 15:04
Has anyone else played the FNR3 demo for 360?!

If so, what did you think?

Having not played the other 2 incarnations i only just now figured how to block using the right trigger and the right analogue stick together. I' m suitably impressed.

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 10:18
I' m in exactly the same shoes as you Majikdra6on having never played the other two. Until now thought I hadn' t a clue how to block but still managed to whup the computer. It is really sexy looking though, everything is wonderful. It' s got the same kind of ' over exposed' look as NFS:MW but really does look good.

The slow motion ' KO' punches especially.

I find it funny that the " The following is actual in game graphics" trailer at the start doesn' t look as good as when you are actually playing.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 10:34
To block, hold down ' right-trigger' and press up/mid/down on the right pad at the same time.
Nitro

RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 10:48

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

To block, hold down ' right-trigger' and press up/mid/down on the right pad at the same time.

Yeah, i' m pretty sure i said that at the top ^^^

Ha, Paul mate i know exectly what you mean. I think the video is just poorely encoded. I didn' t expect it to look as good as it does though. I really like how both NFS:MW and RR6 look, i was a little disappointed with PGR3' s ingame car models (when the view is outside the car), but the tracks look amazing!

I was REALLY impressed with FNR3s visuals, especially the background and spectator animations. I can' t wait till it' s out, and i hope it makes full use of Live.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 14:14
i was a bit worried about that game, of course it has outstanding graphics but what it was very very disapointing for me it' s the animation, for a recent trailer i saw, the animation doesn' t lok realistic at all, it is very weird when you see very high quality graphics but with models that move like shit... for those who played the demo: did developers correct that issue ??
Nitro

RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 15:56
I know what you mean. The animation in-game is pretty fine, although it could be smoother. My only gripe would be the replays actually. When you see the punches at full speed and your playing it, with the pad rumbling it' s fine, but when you see it in slow-mo, they look like they don' t connect properly, the pad doesn' t rumble and it doesn' t look like a real punch. It' s something i really hope they fix.

Other than that it looks to be a really good game.
whatabout_paul

RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 16:56
The thing for me is it' s the only game I' ve seen for 360 (or PS3 at the moment) that seems to look as good as the early screenshots or movies. One problem I' ve seen so far is the collision detection goes a little crazy sometimes when you knock an opponent to the floor, feet sliding through the floor in a spasm. But it' s a demo so I' ll let it off. I had a guy land on his head and spasm which looked just sick, really cool.

I like the slow-mo punch. Sure it looks odd in slow-mo but its ace watching sweat, blood and teeth flying from your opponents face as they fall, no, slump to the floor in a heap.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 17:15
so there is no bad animation right?? everything smooth or almost ... boxers move in a realistic way , confirm yes/no ??
whatabout_paul

RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 07, 2006 17:37
Bar the problems I' ve already stated that may just be problems confined to the demo the animation is fine. Much better looking in game than any trailers I' ve seen.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 08, 2006 14:15
I cant quite honestly say I' ve never laughed so much for ages! We cained this game for a good hour this afternoon. It' s fantastic. Bar the couple glitches, but for what it is, so early on in a consoles life - also it looks way better than the video embedded in the demo itself. It quite honestly pulled me in. Although the fighter on the right is weaker than the one on the left with noob' s at the controls!

So funny. Made my day in fact!
Nitro

RE: Fight Night Round 3 demo - Jan 08, 2006 15:00

ORIGINAL: jtypecav

I cant quite honestly say I' ve never laughed so much for ages! We cained this game for a good hour this afternoon. It' s fantastic. Bar the couple glitches, but for what it is, so early on in a consoles life - also it looks way better than the video embedded in the demo itself. It quite honestly pulled me in. Although the fighter on the right is weaker than the one on the left with noob' s at the controls!

So funny. Made my day in fact!

It does look good!

It' s extremely technical but it' s really easy to play. The lads couldn' t figure out how i was playing so well, ducking, blocking, digging to the body etc. Ha, i love the fact that you can work the cuts, keep them on the ropes and clinch. It' s great!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll