Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 09:58
what' s up with that, i thought ps3 could do much more, i know it' s a port but we' re talking about a very old game that even my x800 Xl manage to keep up most of the time 30 fps (detail max and 720p) and my pc has no Cell inside and got no time for optimizations... this is pathetic from either developers or ps3 or both... i could understand more or less if it was 1080p but man that' s ridiculous. so how do you explain that??
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 10:14
PS3 (and 360 for that matter) are not super computers. You get what you pay for.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 10:40
Don' t blame the hardware.

You have to bear in mind that so far there are very very few games that are utilizing the SPE' s properly. Most developers are just using throwing their code at the PPE and hoping for the best.

PS3 is receiving ports. With 360 being the main development platform the game code isn' t exactly suitable for PS3 architecture. So what you' re looking at is code written for a triple-core processor running on a single core general purpose processor with probably some minor operations being handled by the SPE' s.

The problem is that to get the games running like the 360 versions it takes more time (which most of the multi-platform games have already had) and ideally have at least 60% of the code re-written specifically for the hardware, ...but because re-writing the code would take even more time and cost a lot more it' s not exactly feasible for most developers.

Oblivion is probably the biggest exception so far. Not only does it match the 360 version but it exceeds it in several areas, but Bethesda have put in more effort, time and money than the rest of the developers porting from 360 to PS3.

F.E.A.R. is hardly the biggest multi-platform game and i wouldn' t try to judge the hardware by any multi-platform games. We' ve known for a long time now that the best PS3 games were going to be those that were written specifically for the hardware from the ground up.

The issue people are bound to have with it is that more and more game are going multi-platform and until Sony have a proper toolset to deliver to developers that makes porting code easier, then the better versions will likely be the 360 versions (given that 360 is the development platform in the vast majority of cases).

It' ll be interesting to see how Mercenaries 2 will turn out on both platforms because PS3 is the main development platform. Personally i' m watching Epic and their multi-threaded renderer for the PS3 UE3.0
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 11:24
I agree.

I wasn' t blaming anything on the hardware. Consoles have fixed limitations, it' s just a fact. However, like you said the PS3 has untapped potential, CELL makes ports more difficult. That' s just one limitation that won' t go away. It' s not a matter of learning how to do anything. It' s the matter of having to take extra steps with each game that has to be ported. Once the PS3 has the userbase to support the extra investment, better ports will be more common. The problem is getting people to buy the console with the quality we' re seeing in games. It' s a catch-22.

The same thing can be said about the price of the console. People are waiting for the price to drop, but that won' t happen until enough people buy it to allow Sony to cost reduce the PS3.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 12 Apr 07 3:25:08 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 20:08
I just saw om FEAR pics from the ps3.

My old pc the last one I had for 3 years and got rid of in 2006 had ten times better graphic for FEAR.

So yeah these dev might not be the experts on a ps3 etc,but they should be able to crank 60 frameratre 1080p with ease still,or else something is wrong with that disgusting fucking ps3 shit head aka console.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 21:12
Fanboys, Fanboys! Watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they come for you?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 22:30
I am not really bothered about Fear looking/running like crap, Mainly beciase I wont be playing it.

If you have to play it, do it on the pc. Thats where this game belongs and nobody should ever pay over 25quid for it.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 12 Apr 07 14:30:37 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 12, 2007 23:54
I agree with Silent. I don' t PC game at all, but I couldn' t stand the way you moved around in the console version of FEAR. It was like they waved a 360 controller in front of their dev-tools & said, " Work like a friggin' keyboard!" .

They failed.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 02:19

Cell

CELL!!!! ITS THE MOST ADVANCED PROCESSOR IN THE WORLD AND AUTOMATICALLY EQUALS BETTER GRAPHICS!!!!!!

And btw, Quez, just leave.
QuezcatoL

RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 16:36

And btw, Quez, just leave.

It' s thanks to retards like you that the site only has like 10 members at most.

You guys really fucked up the site,you know that?
Why do you think people leave and refuse to join.
Gj moron.
Dionysius

RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 16:49
Nah, actually it' s just you Quez.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 17:28

It' s thanks to retards like you that the site only has like 10 members at most.

You guys really fucked up the site,you know that?
Why do you think people leave and refuse to join.
Gj moron.

Actually, I think a big reason we don' t have a huge forum is that most people get along fairly well and don' t get in huge flame wars. Check other forums and see how many flame wars and arguments there are. Also, with only 10 or so regulars, you don' t have a bunch of people agreeing with everything you say because there aren' t thousands of people to do so.

Tell me how you would change the forum Quez? Would you have us all run around spouting nonsense and hating everything other that isn' t our favorite brand? I still wonder how you got 5200+ posts. Did you ever post anything constructive?
Dionysius

RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 17:47

I still wonder how you got 5200+ posts. Did you ever post anything constructive?

Actually, though I' m not all sure anymore, I think I remember a time when he didn' t act like somebody who dares not pee when other people are in the room, in real life, so he acts all bad boy on the net, where no one can hurt him.

But as I said, I just don' t remember anymore.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 13 Apr 07 9:48:27 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 18:45
Quez used to be a great member.
But then the dark side reverted him into some kind of sick real life Cartman, but without Cartman' s evil intelligence.
QuezcatoL

RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 13, 2007 21:08

Actually, though I' m not all sure anymore, I think I remember a time when he didn' t act like somebody who dares not pee when other people are in the room, in real life, so he acts all bad boy on the net, where no one can hurt him.

But as I said, I just don' t remember anymore.

Yeah right you' re a little pussy irl im sure of that.
And the worse sonyfanboy after ALi on this forum.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Fear only 30 fps on ps3?!! - Apr 14, 2007 01:00

Fanboys, Fanboys! Watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they come for you?

lmfao

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message