Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly - Director' s Cut review
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly - Director' s Cut review - Oct 16, 2004 02:49

Teamxbox.com-- Quick Review (click link below for full review)

Fans of the original Fatal Frame, as well as anyone who checked out the PS2 version of the sequel, will want to get their hands on a copy of Crimson Butterfly Director’s Cut for its raw horror approach rather than blood and guns. Newcomers to the series can also easily appreciate Fatal Frame II since it takes place 30 years prior to the original. Not much of the story relies on the original, but fans of the first will get a little bit more detail behind the girls’ past and the events that led up to the original game. Either way, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Director’s Cut is a great pickup for anyone who enjoys the horror/survival genre but is finding the majority of the recent releases too repetitive. Tecmo offers fans a creative twist that they insist doesn’t even belong in the genre all together. Sure, there are a few issues that keep the game from going over the top, such as the relative ease of solving the game’s puzzles, but the dark and gritty atmosphere is where the game’s drama takes place. We can only hope for more of the same creative style in future games that will continue to offers players an alternative to the violent and bullet ridden titles that fill the action/horror genre.

FULL REVIEW HERE
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly - Director' s Cut review - Oct 16, 2004 03:30
By far my favorite of the survival horror games. Loved the PS2 version and have been anxiously awaiting the Xbox version. I hope they added some of the missing scenes.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly - Director' s Cut review - Oct 16, 2004 09:49
How do you know that any scenes were missing?

I have this on the PS2 but I have been too lazy to play it more than once.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly - Director' s Cut review - Oct 16, 2004 13:56
There' s missing scenes???????? o.o?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message