Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 F.E.A.R. coming to 360?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 14, 2006 14:13
According to the rumor section in the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) X360 owners could still see F.E.A.R. on Microsoft' s nextgen console in 2006. Not really that much of a stretch as F.E.A.R developers Monolith have already made Condemned for the Xbox 360, which used the same engine, so technologically, it should be feasible. If it is indeed scheduled for this year, there should be an official announcement shortly.

just a rumor, but what do you guys think anyhow, let' s say it does come, would you be excited?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 14, 2006 15:40
If they packed more content into it, i would consider it, i enjoyed F.E.A.R through and through, great combat, i didnt even mind the office and storage complexes, but then again i suffered through Halo, nothing gets worse than that!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 14, 2006 22:49
It' s almost certain to happen. The thing is though, would you get FEAR, or Black?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 14, 2006 23:59
..please remind us about F.E.A.R...

..all i remember was it being another popular PC game which never got released on my xbox..
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 14, 2006 23:59
Imo F.E.A.R. was just a slightly more interesting version of Condemned. Condemned should have been called H.A.T.E. as an equally ludicrous acronym, then they could' ve been a series! Hmm, maybe ' Hit A Tonne of Enemies' or something..

But it' d be good for those that missed out. The graphics are as nice as Condemned, but I reckon in doing both the Matrix and Ring, they kinda compromised on both. Still there are some great scary type scenes that are must sees/plays, as there are in Condemned.

The atmosphere was the best feature in FEAR, so get excited particularly if you' ve got a nice 5.1 sound system hooked up. The guns and damage tbh are not as impressive as I thought they' d be. So BLACK might end up being better in that area.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 Feb 06 16:03:16 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:09
Well i have already finished FEAR on pc for a long time ago,and the story/horror elements was perfect,it never grossed you,or made you scared to death,instead it had a tension about it,like bookcases that started to shaking,or phones/book,and also suddenly your radio link-com could start fukk up,and you realised something spooky is about to happend.
And suddenly,alma shows up,and blood is on the floor.
And bang,she is gone.
however the spooky thing in fear was great,it wont scare people to death,instead it gives great tension and makes you focus even more on your surroundings of the enviorment.

I also wanna say that the action was top notch the bullet time rox,and if you abuse it like i did you can basically finish the game with 10 healthpack and full health as i did,but it also let payer goes amok doing matrix war without the slow mo if you want,however then you risk on getting hurt but yes you can play it that way and its just amazing then too,the story and the plot was great too that has a big twist in it.
And also leave you with a intresting ending...

Anyway i gave it 91/100,if it comes to xbox360,and you havnt played it on pc,buy it ffs!!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:16
I have a simple question. FEAR has awesome graphics but what PC game has the best graphics? I don' t know this as I' m no PC gamer and usually play PC games on worthless crap PCs.
Nitro

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:19
CoD2..
choupolo

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:25
There are different styles imo. FEAR for its different effects heat haze, blur etc. HL2 for its texture quality, normal and spec maps etc. And Q4 looks excellent on PC imo, with great textures, bump mapping and glowy bits (technical term!)

CoD was pretty impressive too, with its soft particles (the smoke effects), and NFS Most Wanted for nice looking cars. Most detailed cars inside and out goes to GT Legends however.

What else, best looking space sim = X3 or that EVE mmog. And surprisingly the engine used in Trackmania Sunrise + Nations is really impressive with motion blur, dynamic contrast and colours etc.

Oh and I also missed out Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, very nice looking game.

Simple question - annoyingly complicated answer unlike Majik' s hehe.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 Feb 06 16:27:46 >
Nitro

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:36
Erm, the texture quality in HL2 is crap compared to games like CoD2.

HL2 is an amazing game, but it doesn' t look anywhere near as nice as CoD2. Lost Coast is nicer but it only one short level and who even know when Aftermath is coming out...

Chaos Theory is gorgeous but the Xbox version was virtually as good.

I didn' t rate FEAR as highly as you guys, it wasn' t as good as i hoped.

I' m still waiting for STALKER!!
ginjirou

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:37
According to IGN Aftermath has been renamed to HL2: Chapter One.
I' m really looking forward to Prey. One of few PC games I have been looking forward to. How will Prey stand against the other games in terms of graphics?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Feb 06 16:39:05 >
choupolo

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:40

I' m still waiting for STALKER!!

Hehe, as are we all! Man that game is gonna replace Duke Nukem Forever as most delayed game ever! What is it now? Q1 2007?

Yea, HL2 can look shocking in places in terms of texture quality. But for some reason I really like the overall look of the environments. They just seem to look very crisp. Especially the bit in Nova Prospect with the giant antlion.

For some reason I dont like the bump mapping in CoD, makes everything look like its a soft shiny cushion. But as I said, different styles.

Prey will look like a nice Doom engine game. Nicer than D3 or Q4, but still not leaps and bounds above those games. Tbh Im quite looking forward to seeing how it turns out visually. That old guys face looked quite nice from the screens.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 Feb 06 16:44:38 >
ginjirou

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 00:55
I don' t like the Doom engine because it makes all the characters look like plastic. The new unreal engine looks promising.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 01:00
I haven' t played Fear, my pc with its poor nvidia 5700LE would choke...maybe even explode. So i would be interested in Fear on 360 but only as a rental, I only care for multiplayer in shooters.

As for the pc game with the best graphics, I' d say Cod 2 and X3 as some mentioned. In about a month this honor will go to Oblivion. Woot only one more month!
QuezcatoL

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 01:36
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 02:07

Chaos Theory is gorgeous but the Xbox version was virtually as good.

..please god... make them all like this..

In about a month this honor will go to Oblivion

..seriously?..
Nitro

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 02:09
Quez, the HL2 pic you posted is actually Lost Coast (the single level tech demo for the advanced lighting).

Half Life 2 (the actual game) doesn' t look that good!

The CoD2 pics you posted though were great!
QuezcatoL

RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 02:35
Yeah,i did not find any pics of Hl2 from my pc expect that one.
And if you think those pics was great,you should have seen what i showed before...omg with the smoke and so on,might replay and try recapture the pic i showed before.

And btw,i dont have 37-38 fps in avg in fear,i got 44 now,thanks to new drivrutines,especially from win xp 6.2 catalyst.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 04:49
Wow that would be so cool ...I wanted to play FEAR so much ...damn :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 14 Feb 06 20:50:06 >
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: F.E.A.R. coming to 360? - Feb 15, 2006 09:39
you can' t compare COD2 graphics with HL2 graphics, no way. COD2 looks more like a game, all shiny and shit, but HL2 looks way more real, yes HL2, not lost coast. When I usually play a game, if it has sick graphics (like cod2, when u look at it, it looks nice and with detail, but not real) then throughout the game I' ll still notice them. In HL2 on the other hand I got really impressed at first, cuz everything looked more real (i mean it didn' t look as 3Dish, shiny, lots of detail, but still looks like a game and not close to real life) and then it didn' t impress me anymore cuz everything seemed so close to real life (the wallpaper in the houses, man...). In my opinion that is what makes a game look really good. I tried my best to explain, dunno if u got my point, anyway.

I can' t play fear on my pc, and im getting a 360 so yeah im excited. I really like fps games. something like fear would make my day.

Prey, in my opinion, just looks waaay better than D3 or Q4. I think a lot of gamers will like it. It' s so different, i' ll trip out playing it, lol, won' t know which way is up and which way is down.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message