Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Emotep

• Total Posts : 125
ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 01:03
Xbox 360 pwned by Denon!

It' s a good thing the Playstation 3 doesn' t have this problem. ^_^

Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 01:06
Irrelevant, most people have enough income to afford superior standalone movie players. It seems not all of us apparently.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 01:28
Emotep you' re such a dumbass. You don' t even compare the 360 and generic DVD player at the same frame. It' s fucking DVD9, it only goes at 24 or 30 frames per second. It has nothing to do with the DVD players, at certain frames if you press pause it will be blurry during a screen with motion. Even if you put that DVD in your precious PS3, you' ll see the same thing if you pause it at the same frame.

Go back to the Gamespot forums with all the other idiots where you belong, you stupid fuck.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Apr 07 17:29:09 >
Emotep

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 02:19

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Emotep you' re such a dumbass. You don' t even compare the 360 and generic DVD player at the same frame. It' s fucking DVD9, it only goes at 24 or 30 frames per second. It has nothing to do with the DVD players, at certain frames if you press pause it will be blurry during a screen with motion. Even if you put that DVD in your precious PS3, you' ll see the same thing if you pause it at the same frame.

Go back to the Gamespot forums with all the other idiots where you belong, you stupid fuck.

Learn to read the article.
Agent Ghost

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 02:36
" Learn to read the article."

I don' t even want to read the article. I don' t give a fuck about the playback quality of a 12 dollar drive. No one does. It' s a gaming console not a DVD player. Everyone here knows that the quality of the 360 drive is roughly equal to rat shit. Not only is the image quality poor but it' s loud as fuck and has a life span of only a few months. I still prefer the 360 over the PS3. I' d rather a junk console that' s falling apart that supports all the games I want than to have a console in prestine condition with no games.
Evil Man

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 02:53
Cut him some slack he' s on a tight budget, not everyone can afford a high quality stand alone DVD player, Agent.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Apr 07 18:53:49 >
Emotep

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 03:34

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Cut him some slack he' s on a tight budget, not everyone can afford a high quality stand alone DVD player, Agent.

DVD is so 1996.

Learn to buy Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 03:47
Emotep, by the way what are you some kind of wannabe character from the Mummy series of films? Something you should really know the 360 is a GAMES console not a dvd player, it is primarily used for playing games specially written for that console, it has a secondary function of being able to play dvd films and also music cd' s. People buy it to play games not watch movies, and if they did they would purchase either a HD DVD standalone or the add on for the 360 if they so wish.

We all get your point you love the PS3 wow great, I love my PSP and my 360 and my PS2 and my laptop and my pc and my DS. Just get over yourself and start shouting about something else other than your PS3. We know how good it is.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 04:46
You really shouldn' t use a 360 or PS3 for movies since they require much more power than standalone players.
It' s important to save power, mostly because of the effects the worldwide power consumtion has on the environment, but also because of the effect it might have on your electrical bill.
Evil Man

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 05:05

ORIGINAL: Emotep
DVD is so 1996.

Learn to not make retarded threads about 1996 issues.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Apr 07 21:07:50 >
Emotep

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 05:10

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

ORIGINAL: Emotep
DVD is so 1996.

Learn to not make retarded threads about 1996 issues.

The Xbox DVD drive is a 2005 drive. Even the 1996 drives are better. ^_^

Evil Man

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 05:16
And?

What part of nobody cares didn' t you understand? Stop polluting these forums with pointless asinine filth threads.

" Har har har guys X360 sucks at playing DVDs! I' m so smart!"

Lame ass.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Apr 07 21:18:45 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 06:38

You dont learn to purchase things retard (masterchef continues to correct his grammar)
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 07:28

It' s a good thing the Playstation 3 doesn' t have this problem.

Utter Fanboyism. I' m mean really, if you can' t see the many and diverse advantages each console has than you' re not even trying to put on airs of objectivity.

There are reasons why people pick one cosole over another, chiefly budget. Now if I consider:

1. Budget (I can only afford one console for the next two years)

2.Taste in Games - I enjoy Shooters (Halo, Half Life Two, Tom Clancy Titles) also I prefer the 360 controller, especially for shooters, it' s nice to have an actual trigger and some rumble in a shooter, feels more visceral.

Western RPGs (KOTOR, Fable, Mass Effect, Bioshock)

Action Games (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Asassin' s Creed)

EA or 2K NHL games (I Plead Canadian)

So I think to myself:

No Final Fantasy, O.K. by me, haven' t touched one since VII.

No Metal Gear, that sucks but I might see a shitty port (maybe a good one) to 360. And really, I' m only a casual fan of this franchise there' s something to Japacheezy/anime about its narritive style for my tastes, I think something gets lost in the translation and culture gap.

No Halo, that would be worse, no chance of a port to PS3. Big fan of the Franchise I thought Halo 2 was great, apparently that makes me a Noob. My first positive online game experience.

Gears 2? Might go to PS3 if they can sell enough units to justify a port and Microsoft doesn' t pay for an exclusive.

No God of War? That blows but I still Get Ninja Gaiden Two, it may or may not go to PS3, who can say for sure?

Asassin' s Creed? Multi-platform. I haven' t seen or played a close to final build of it but this could have been a deal closer for me if one console had scored it as an exclusive franchise, have to wait and see how good it really is.

Tom Clancy Games? Multi-Platform. I hope nothing comes out of Ubisoft Montreal that isn' t available on 360. I love eveything out of that studio. Who would of thought? The French can make games!

Bioware. Must have Bioware games, I hear they are working on PS3, no title has been announced - Mass Effect Port? Who Knows? Will Microsoft pony up and buy these genuises out? Certainly possible. I promise you SONY Corp. will be playing pretty consrvative in the studio buying areana. They got Legal+Liquidity issues I' m hearing. Will I be Playing Mass Effect on release day with a 360? Damn right!
I live close to the studio. I' m a big fan. Name me one bad (less than 7/10) out of Bioware, Edmonton. I say they had two solid 9' s on Xbox.

Fable. First game was somewhat disapointing but I' m hoping for a much improved sequel. Load times had better be improved dramaticly or I will flame that game merilessly and demand a refund from Lionhead directly. I' ll get no Zelda Love on a 360 but I can' t think of anything SONY' s offering that scratches this action/rpg itch I get. I hate pure turn based, menu based, jrpg combat. Still waiting for someone to announce a next-gen dungeon crawler in the Baldur' s Gate Tradition.

So after I consider all that I think, " will it physicly play a DVD at all?" Great. Can I download HD content direct to my drive. No. I Live in Canada and the Federal government won' t allow Microsoft to use Live! for distribution so I cannot access that conent On Live! Will it play HD-DVD or Blu-ray? With an add-on. May as well wait until the format war is over. I want to play games, thats why I bought a console. Guess which one I picked?

Hey, if I was a big FF fan and didn' t like Halo, I' d have bought a PS3 grumbled about the price a bit, called it my Blu-Ray Trojan Horse and loved it as much as you love yours. But seriously, Brand name loyalty is for chumps, if you can only afford one console ask yourself about games, the variety available on the various competitors and the franchise' s that most appeal to you. No matter what you buy get extended warranty coverage and use it and renew it before every deadline. I' m on my second 360, my first was fine when I took it in for replacement 48hrs. before my warranty expired. I just didn' t trust it to stay that way. Kept my HD got a new console. Paid $50 for a new warranty. No fuss.

But quality of DVD playback as a deal breaker for buying a gaming console?

Give your head a shake.
I saved some money getting a 360 and spent it on accessories and games, love it. Might get a PS3 if I see some AAA exclusive content to my taste in the next two years. With Wii cleaning up as it has been, added to its low cost, it will probably be my second console in two years. I will not buy all three.
If Blu-Ray wins the war a stand alone drive for 360 may happen. But they' ll have to produce more than God Of War, MGS, FF and Blu-Ray playback to get my money.
Agent Ghost

RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 07:38
Guys don' t. Don' t think of this guy for more then 3 minutes or blood will shoot out of your nose! Scientists say they still don' t know what causes aneurysms but there' s a reason, oh there' s a reason.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 08:10
Umm... So is it bad if a console is a Games Machine and also a Kicks ass playing DVD/Blue-Ray films?

Also, 360 is too loud to be able to play games on.

... It outvoices the heavy metal guy screaming in my tight ear with a megaphone and Pavarotti crying in my left!

BTW: Yes, I currently hate my 360, and only feel good when I bitch about it. So expect biased comments... of truth! [:' (]
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 08:45

DVD is so 1996.

OK. But there is just one problem. You started a thread about the 360' s crappy DVD player (which it probably is, I' ve never played a DVD on the thing). If DVD is so 1996 and BluRay and HD-DVD are the way to go, then why would you care about how regular " 1996" DVD looks on the 360? Please explain. If you do not explain, I will assume that you are admitting that you are a 13-year-old hermaphrodite. Also, post a picture of Optimus Prime with your explanation or else it won' t count.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 2 Apr 07 0:47:08 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 12:12
...does mine count?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 13:35
Only if that' s you.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: ExtremeTech: Xbox 360' s Seriously Flawed DVD Playback - Apr 02, 2007 22:29
[image]http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2006/10/optimus-prime-hoops.jpg[/image]

I am sorry, I think Joe said something, but without a picture of Optimus Prime, I got confused.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message