Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA forms Wii-centric studio
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
EA forms Wii-centric studio - Dec 01, 2006 09:58
link

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6162544.aspx?tag=latestnews;title;0

In a recent interview with Newsweek, Electronic Arts CEO Larry Probst talked about his company' s increasing support for the Wii. Besides mentioning the Wii-specific Sims title, the executive also said that the publisher has " some things in the pipeline" that will be exclusive to the platform.

Today, EA threw more of its considerable weight behind Nintendo' s new console. The company announced that it has bought Headgate Studios, the developer of the last six PC installments in the Tiger Woods PGA Tour franchise and Madden NFL 07. Now the shop, redubbed EA Salt Lake, will " focus on development for the Nintendo Wii."

Lets hope they get creative with the Wiimote and create some unique games for Wii.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: EA forms Wii-centric studio - Dec 01, 2006 10:00
Don' t get your hopes up. This is EA we' re talking about.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: EA forms Wii-centric studio - Dec 01, 2006 10:07
True but no one can deny the power EA wields in this industry.
A few exclusive titles, no matter how crappy, stamped with the EA logo are bound to sell a bundle.

Note i don' t intend to buy any EA software but its a positive sign for Nintendo.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll