Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA Wants a Cheaper PSP
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
EA Wants a Cheaper PSP - Dec 02, 2006 04:16

Electronic Arts boss Larry Probst has said that Sony should consider slashing the price of PSP and introducing a new, smaller model in order to boost sales.

Speaking in an interview with Newsweek, Probst said, " I think what moves the needle is a new form factor that' s smaller than the existing unit, at a lower price, and hopefully that price is US$100 or lower.

" I think the price point needs to be lower, and I think you' re going to see that next year, along with a different form factor," he added.

Whilst Probst was careful to identify his comments as " pure speculation" , he said it " would not be hugely surprising" if Sony was to cut the price of the PSP to US$149, offering " a more fully-featured upscale unit that retails at US$249 or US$299" .

GamesIndustry

It seems pretty unlikely that Sony is going to release a smaller version. I mean, with UMD & their button setup, there' s only so much one can downsize.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: EA Wants a Cheaper PSP - Dec 02, 2006 05:16
unless you drop the umd...

...like anybody cares for it. If your smart you know the proper way to get movies on your psp.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 1 Dec 06 21:17:30 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: EA Wants a Cheaper PSP - Dec 02, 2006 05:24
I was thinking about that for what they' re going to do for the PSP2, which we all know will happen at some point.

I came to the conclusion that they' d have to let you upload UMD-games onto cheap-ish official Sony mem-cards, or on to a hard-drive or something, because there' s no way they can keep the Mini-Disk 2.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: EA Wants a Cheaper PSP - Dec 02, 2006 06:25
I think it' s much too late for them to drop the UMD format for games just like it' s too late for Microsoft to add an HD-DVD rom drive to the Xbox 360... All they can really do is drop/add those things in their next console/handheld.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: EA Wants a Cheaper PSP - Dec 02, 2006 10:31
Yeah, that' s what I' m saying, ditch UMD for PSP2, and upload your UMD disks to your " Sony Brand Explodey-HDD" .

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll