Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Duke Nukem News...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Duke Nukem News... - Sep 10, 2004 11:15
Two separate stories that I put into this one post...read on my brothers and sisters...

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER NOT DOOMED. APPARENTLY

Reports that Take-Two' s PC shooter will be powered by Doom 3 technology are wrong, says developer

11:51 Blimey, talk about confusion - following statements made to analysts that Duke Nukem Forever would be powered by the almighty Doom 3 engine, the game' s developer 3D Realms has told press that this is definitely not the case.
In the aftermath of its third-quarter financial results yesterday, Take Two' s CEO Rich Roedel had said of the shooter that " the 3D Realms guys continue to work. They are using the Doom 3 technology, which is finished. They are a premier developer, but they certainly believe in no line before its time."

However, it appears that this is all a case of mistaken identity, as 3D Realms bigwig George Broussard revealed that the much-delayed game will not be using the Doom 3 engine. This shouldn' t come too much of a surprise as it was strongly believed that the developer was using Epic' s Unreal engine.

As for release dates, the game still appears to be someway off release. Roedel added: " we are anxiously awaiting updates from them [3D Realms]." So are we.

Stephen Daultrey

3D Realms is taking the " when it' s done" approach with Duke Nukem Forever, and states, in a nutshell, that any release date heard from anyone but the developer itself is a load of old bollocks.

However, recent reports are focussing on a comment from Jeff Lapin, CEO of DNF publisher Take Two, which appears to give some indication of when the first-person shooter might finally arrive:

" I had a recent conversation with the developer, and they expect the game to be completed sometime at the end of ' 04 or the beginning of ' 05," Lapin has reportedly said.

We presume that' s " 2004" and " 2005" rather than 3004 and 3005, but seeing as this is Duke Nukem Forever we' re talking about, we wouldn' t be willing to bet money on it.

Stuart Bishop

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/10/2004 11:17:57 AM >
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 10, 2004 16:39
i love all duke nukem games. even the n64 port of it was sweet. it was the first game that i remember looking into a mirror, or shooting the pool balls and them actually moving. the babes were even more funny, going up and pressing use got a good laugh. always.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 11, 2004 19:38
Man...talk about vapor ware. This thing may NEVER be seen...they' ve been talking about a new Duke Nukem for, what? Eight years now?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 11, 2004 19:44
This game is probably secretly being developed by Working Designs which explains the wait ;)

What separated Duke Nuken from other FPS games? Is it because Duke had attitude?
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 11, 2004 20:37

This game is probably secretly being developed by Working Designs which explains the wait ;)

Well, WD usually just takes care of the translation and publication. They usually do a darn good job with it, and it doesn' t normally take a decade to produce a game (Lunar 1, 2, Arc the Lad Collection, Vanguard Bandits, etc.).
DaRoosh65

RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 12, 2004 00:17
Working Designs...Wow! that' s a company name I haven' t heard in a while...they make some of the most awesome games!!!

Yeah...Duke Nukem seems like it' s been on again, off again for quite a while. I just wish someone would step up and make a real decision to develope and publish the next title in this wonderful franchise.

fathoms, you' re right...we' ll be lucky to see it any time in the XBOX' s life...or even at all.

But at least there is still talk about the franchise...maybe there' s hope.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 12, 2004 00:20
Duke nukem is cool.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 12, 2004 23:41
I remember seeing a video of DNF in 1998 on a ' PC Gamer E3 1998' CD and it was looking great then. That was back when it was running on Quake 2 technology (I think... before they started fitting it to the Unreal Engine). They could have quite easily released something back then and put all this affort into making a new sequal.

Duke Nukem Forever isn' t doing a ' Fable' in the way that it has a horde of fans waiting for it... most people have moved on. It' s also not being hyped as the ' best game ever' . If it eventually does come out though it will need to blow everybody' s socks off.
DaRoosh65

RE: Duke Nukem News... - Sep 14, 2004 01:46
I agree.

To wait this long, when they had a game in the works that could have been released, is absolutely unforgivable...Ok, maybe we could forgive them, but they should have done something.

Now, they will have to make the next Duke Nukem an awesome title to regain the lost love...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll