Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 22, 2004 11:26
Well, I have good news for y' all...Project Altered Beast is a comin' at ya' ...and soon!

I don' t know about you folks, but I loved playing the Sega Genesis version...and now, they bring this awesome title back on the current console systems!

Read on...

Project Altered Beast dated for Japan

The resurrection of the Sega Genesis classic will take place on January 27 in Japan.

TOKYO--Today on its official Japanese Web site, Sega announced a firm release date for Project Altered Beast. The reenvisioning of the classic Sega Genesis franchise will hit Japan on January 27 at the price of 6,800 yen ($63). The US release is still slated for Q1 2005.

Project Altered Beast is a 3D action game for the PlayStation 2 in which players assume the role of a cyborg who has the ability to mutate into various beasts. Players can turn into a werewolf or a minotaur by collecting the corresponding DNA codes and genome chips. Each of the forms has different special abilities and special attacks.

For more details on Project Altered Beast, check out GameSpot' s previous coverage.

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 22, 2004 11:38
It' s not a Sega Genesis game (originally), but an arcade game. The arcade came first, and then the mighty (but jerky) Sega Master System version, and then finally the Genesis version, which is better than Final Fantasy 7. The arcade had scaling in it. Scaling makes any game good. The Genesis version did NOT have scaling, but it has multiple overlapping planes of scrolling, and the arcade had no " scrolls" . The PS2 version probably won' t have ANY scrolling screens... instead they' ll all be polygonz. Also, the game was never a franchise... until now at least.

I hear the GBA version is NOT as good as Final Fantasy 7.

Gamespot is stupid for thinking that Altered Beast is a Sega Genesis franchise. I would approve if they all died.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/22/2004 11:40:46 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 22, 2004 13:59
Don' t forget the PCEngine version of Altered Beast :)

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the upcoming Alterered Beast. From what I' ve seen it lacks a 2-player mode, there' s no " Rise from your grave" sound bytes and there are now puzzles to solve.

The GBA version was pure torture OH MY God.. It was by far the WORST game at the E3 it was playable at.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10/22/2004 2:00:03 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 22, 2004 16:34
Altered Beast ruled. I don' t know what a new one would look like, though......I want it to be 2D side-scrolling, but of course, THAT is out of the question.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 23, 2004 00:21
I forgot about the PC Engine version! I' m sure it was programmed by NEC Avenue though like all Sega games were on that platform, and NEC Avenue was pretty weak. Must have been in the contract Sega has with them: " Any Sega game shalt be programmed unto the PC Engine by NEC Avenue, so that thy Mega Drive looks far superior" .
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 24, 2004 04:42
I just hope it gets made. I remember when Sega was bringing back Chakan, and then it just fell off the radar all of a sudden. To be honest, I would rather play a Chakan game than Altered Beast.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 24, 2004 06:38
Ug! chakan was an awful, awful game! It was obviously NOT programmed in Japan, and boy you sure could tell due to the grainy graphics, scratchy sound, and stilted gameplay. Alterd Beast! Altered Beast! Altered Beast! Oh, and Black Belt, too!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 24, 2004 07:41
I didn' t think it was THAT bad. I guess I just liked the background story...immortal guy fighting Death...timeless...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 24, 2004 08:02
I think I liked Chakan about as much as I liked Eternal Champions, LOL.

I swear I never ' got' what people saw in Eternal Champions ;)
Joe Redifer

RE: Do You Remember The Sega Genesis Game ' Altered Beast' ? - Oct 24, 2004 09:53
Eternal Champions was Sega of America' s #1 selling internally produced game! Even better that Dinosaurs for Hire OMG! The programmer for Eternal Champions also worked on Star Wars for the 32X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it gets even BETTER! I know you can' t believe it, but it does! OMG LOL! He also worked on Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Saturn! HELL YEAH! This guy OWNZ!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL! And yes he also worked on the aforementioned (and legendary) Dinosaurs for Hire.

Clicky Clicky!!!!!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message