Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 04, 2006 16:54
" Denis Dyack: 360, PS3 Are Equals
The head of Silicon Knights says it' s a wash between the next-gen consoles.
by Daemon Hatfield
November 3, 2006 - Silicon Knights, makers of Eternal Darkness, are readying the forever-in-development Too Human for the Xbox 360, as well as an unannounced title for the PlayStation 3. Speaking to the San Jose Mercury News, the company' s President, Denis Dyack, says the next-generation systems are virtually identical in terms of power.

" The 360 and the PS3 are equal in power in my eyes," Dyack says. " Maybe the PS3 has more processing power. The 360 has more available memory. It' s pretty much a net, net. The public perception of the PS3 was that it was much more powerful. To developers, they look even."

Silicon Knights had a working relationship with Nintendo for several years, making Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the GameCube. That partnership ended in 2004, though, and Dyack says he has no current plans to develop for the Wii. Too Human is planned as a trilogy for the Xbox 360."

-IGN

*EDIT...fucking typo in the title, I' m usually careful
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 4 Nov 06 8:55:31 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 04, 2006 17:15
What?! I' m pretty sure the fanboys are the authority on this issue, not the developers!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 04, 2006 21:02
Dyack is a fucking moron.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 05, 2006 00:02
I' ll believe statements made by Capcom, Sega-AM2, and Namco
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 05, 2006 00:31
Wasnt this allready known?, 360 and ps3 are more or less the same.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 05, 2006 02:03
Dyack is making 3 exclusive games to 360.

However other companies that make multiplattform games like starbreeze studios says the same thing.

With ps3 having more processing power,and 360 more memory for the gpu while using textures.

I don' t think he copied their statement but also share it.
Nitro

RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 05, 2006 02:41

Everybody and their aunt knows PS3 and 360 are pretty equal. PS3 has more processing power overall, although 360 has more general purpose processing power, ...and 360 not only has better memory allocation and an additional 10MB eDRAM but it has a more advanced GPU.

PS3 will have higher framerates (60fps should be very common) but they won' t look as nice as 360 games. The visual differences won' t be that big in most games and so the framerate differences will be more important.

The thing is, who gives a damn anyway? Too Human is a trilogy for 360, although i suspect they' re also developing something for PS3 or Microsoft has decided Too Human isn' t worth backing financially and no longer wants 100% exclusivity.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 05, 2006 05:40

The public perception of the PS3 was that it was much more powerful.

It looked this way in the beginning if you looked beyond the hype, It' s not really huge news.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 06, 2006 02:29

The thing is, who gives a damn anyway? Too Human is a trilogy for 360, although i suspect they' re also developing something for PS3 or Microsoft has decided Too Human isn' t worth backing financially and no longer wants 100% exclusivity.

After seeing it I thought it was looking to be a disappointment. Here' s to hoping Im wrong...
Nitro

RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 06, 2006 03:12

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

After seeing it I thought it was looking to be a disappointment. Here' s to hoping Im wrong...

The initial concept art and trailer were awesome. The trailer was especially cool and i saw it as having immense promise and figured it would be as important to Microsoft as Gears and Mass Effect.

However, after seeing the admittedly early footage and getting a better idea of how it will play, it no longer holds much appeal. I think it' ll be overshadowed by games of a similar style like Elveon and obviously Ninja Gaiden 2.

If they can deliver on what they initially promised then it could very well be a kickass title but i' m not holding my breath.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 07, 2006 01:08

Everybody and their aunt knows PS3 and 360 are pretty equal..

Maj, I totally agreed until I had to catch a train to go an pick a new car up, on the way I read the friday papers that had been left on the ex-london paddington trains, and I was HORRIFIED at the twisted journalism I read.

I like to think we are a pretty blanaced, level headed bunch of people, but on this one tranche of media (albeit gutter media) in particular London Papers - possible Metro or similar, it had a page spread claiming it anihilated absolutely everything, 360, top end PC' s etc.. and what worries me is that - regardless of what educated people such as ourselves believe - is that the masses belive this drivel..?!
Nitro

RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 07, 2006 02:43

ORIGINAL: musashi

Everybody and their aunt knows PS3 and 360 are pretty equal..

Maj, I totally agreed until I had to catch a train to go an pick a new car up, on the way I read the friday papers that had been left on the ex-london paddington trains, and I was HORRIFIED at the twisted journalism I read.

I like to think we are a pretty blanaced, level headed bunch of people, but on this one tranche of media (albeit gutter media) in particular London Papers - possible Metro or similar, it had a page spread claiming it anihilated absolutely everything, 360, top end PC' s etc.. and what worries me is that - regardless of what educated people such as ourselves believe - is that the masses belive this drivel..?!

Why is the public so very blind???
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Devekopers call the PS3 and 360 a wash - Nov 07, 2006 03:08
You can thank the PLAY B3YOND commercials & E3 2005 for that.

It does upset me though, and its not even the fact that I don' t support Sony' s past marketing. It seriously irritates me when people make these uninformed decisions. It' s fools leading fools. Nobody actually goes out & draws their own impressions. I know I post alot of " I' ll judge it when I see it" s around here, but it' s just because I don' t want to let hype & vaporware get the best of me. These people aren' t that informed.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll