Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 for E3
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 for E3 - Mar 31, 2006 06:13
...for those poor unfortunates not in the Team Ninja know, DOAX:2 has been officially confirmed by living gaming legend Tomonobu Itagaki as his next x360 release, and will be between your thumbs sooner than you think....

...DOAX:2, which will be playable at E3, will apparently be a much greater test of x360' s capabilities than the recently updated DOA4.... ..apparently making use of cloth simulation techniques, which Itagaki-san cites as taking up most of his team' s programming time...

...it appears also that volleyball will only be one of a number of unconfirmed main modes of play in the game, in addition to a possible plethora of mini-games and side activities. Itagaki-san added cryptically " DOAX2 will end up being a game with a wide range...."

...another new addition will be a cameraman mode, which will allow users to emulate their favourite photographer, through shooting your preferred digital love-doll in a variety of scenes and poses...

...online competitive matches have been confirmed also, although it is unclear weather this will be the case for all of DOAX:2' s main modes of play..

....DOAX:2 will be officially unveiled in May during E3 and is expected to be confirmed for a fall or November release, going head to head with Sony' s PS3 launch.....

.....do you guys think DOAX:2 will be a potent weapon in Japan against PS3' s launch?.... ..i know that the Japanese are far more excited about it than they are over Halo 3.....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 31 Mar 06 18:38:18 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Mar 31, 2006 06:34
It' s been on the top of Famitsu' s reader' s most wanted for ages...

It SHOULD sell more 360' s in Japan but i doubt it' ll make much of a dent against Sony in the west. What IS certain though is that the visuals will be FAR better than anything Sony has to offer, so it may work well for Microsoft.

It' s not going to be the only title that Microsoft will have ready to launch against PS3 either. Sony COULD be in deeper than they think...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Mar 31, 2006 06:37

by living gaming legend Tomonobu Itagaki

WTF? Tomonobu Itagaki is just a fool who talks to much and sometimes makes his games quite right.

As for Halo I think it' s safe to say that it doesn' t exist in Japan :)

I didn' t like original DOA XBV - I think Beach Spikers from SEGA was so much better - outstanding game - the Virtua Tennis of voleyball games :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Mar 31, 2006 07:38

WTF? Tomonobu Itagaki is just a fool who talks to much and sometimes makes his games quite right.

He' d also as hard as a coffin nail!

I didn' t like original DOA XBV - I think Beach Spikers from SEGA was so much better - outstanding game - the Virtua Tennis of voleyball games :)

Agreed, but it doesn' t matter because the DOAX games are just showcases for the hardware.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Mar 31, 2006 10:30
I think if some kind of " nude code" was implemented, the game would sell MILLIONS of 360s in Japan! They should look into it (and I' m not just saying that because of my own personal perversions! Really!!)

I liked DOA:XBV because of the other things you could do (gambling, collecting items, etc.), though I feel it would be better with MORE stuff to do. They should make the " cameraman" aspect a minigame, where you can sell the pictures to Zack, with composition, framing, lighting, etc. playing a part in how much money he gives you for the shots. They should also have more " competitive" modes instead of just volleyball. Like the pool-hopping game could be a race, or something like that. I wonder if they' ll add any characters? Will they add the guys? I guess we' ll see soon enough.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Apr 01, 2006 02:35

They should also have more " competitive" modes instead of just volleyball

...errr...

....DOAX2 features several main modes of play...... ...volleyball is only ONE of the games MAIN activities....

...this is also why the series has now been given a slight name change by Team Ninja.... ...' Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball' has actually now been shortened to ' Dead or Alive Xtreme' ...

I wonder if they' ll add any characters?

...ofc they will!....

....kokoro has already picked out her favourite bikini...

....and Lisa is sure to return also...

....i' m wondering about what they are going to do with that new Spartan character from Halo, Nicole....
...will they prize her out of that armour and into a thong?..... ....how will TN design her as a amour-less character?? ....

....or maybe they will decide that you can' t really have a Spartan without their amour and leave her out altogether....

...i suppose they could have her put a swimsuit on over her amour.... ...but that would be dumb.. right?...

...i don' t really mind about totally new characters, but if they leave out Rachel from Ninja gaiden, i Will be severely pi$$ed!!!!
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 31 Mar 06 18:36:58 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message