Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Day of Defeat source (PC)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 10:36
Alright, an old friend that I haven' t heard from in over 5 years gave me a call and has D.O.D. and he suggested I get it so we can play together. He now lives on the other side of the country (about 4600km away) and this is the only online game he plays. Anyways, I' m not too familiar with the game and I don' t trust online reviews.

My questions is simple, if anyone has played it, is DOD and Counter-Strike source worth the purchase? I want to play with my old buddy but I don' t feel like buying a game I won' t like either.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 12:35
DoD is pretty decent but there are better WWII multiplayer games (Red Orchestra). CS:S is worth it IMO.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 13:28
Absolutely worth it; both incredible games, and the realism provided by Source really helps immerse you in the gameplay (especially in DOD).
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 15:11
My brother Was a hardcore DOD fan/player..

HE claimed the translation to DOD source was not all there, abit like how Quake 3 fans will tell you How Quake 4 isnt all there.

Obviously, if you have not played the first DOD (the HL1 mod) you wouldnt know the diference either way.

DOD source is still THE online World War game to own tho (although you' ll still get the hardcore players on DOD1)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 15:57
I agree with F3, you dont find better online WWII tactical shooters on the pc, its pure fun, no vehicles to cloud up the play, its man on man.

It' s the only PC game i keep returning to, with the exception of WoW
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 17:17
How about you guys try Red Orchestra (also available on steam) and stfu about DoD:S. It is a good game but Red Orchestra is superior.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 07, 2006 22:36
DoD is great, for a week or two. I don' t play it anymore, and I think the gameplay is a little to slow. In my personal review it would get 6/10. It' s very cheap altough, but i don' t know if HL2 is required.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 08, 2006 02:01
I could never get into DoD. I love CS:S however. Much faster paced. There are mentalists who play those games however, so prepare to take a beating!

Red Orchestra sounds very realistic if a little serious. But I' ve heard and seen good things about it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Day of Defeat source (PC) - Nov 08, 2006 02:46
Thx guys I' ll probably get them then.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages