Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DS In Europe
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
DS In Europe - Mar 11, 2005 16:58
The two screened wonder his the shelves of the UK and the rest of Europe today and as far as I can tell has been as well received here as the rest of the world. The best thing for Nintendo is that Sony haven' t got their act together over here not even offering a tentative date for the PSP launch.

DS games were selling out fast, my local games shop was unusually swamped. I picked up Mario 64 DS and Wario Ware. I did want project Rub but I was told the game had already sold out, possibly as enough of it hadn' t been ordered.

Oh well. The games at the moment are great. Wario Ware is still puzzling but fun and Mario is ace. I never played Mario 64 for the N64 and never will... I' m just wanting to get into the game a bit as Yoshi is annoying me. The mini games in Mario 64 S were a nice treat too. The bo-omb slingshot shooting minigame being the most fun.

One other thing to note is how ace the backscreen light is. I plugged in a GBA game just to see how it' d look... while the screen is a tad smaller I thought it' s much bloody brighter! Bare in mind I struggled with the first GBA and not the SP.

Two thumbs up, I just hope games in the future can keep up the innovation levels.
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 11, 2005 17:47
thnx for the input
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 12, 2005 07:06
i got my DS yesterday and they were running short...

luckily i' d pre ordered m64ds, project rub and polarium so i was ok

they only had one copy left of wario ware, and that was at lunchtime, so it must be selling pretty well!! didn' t have enuf cash to get it though. thats next on my list!!

polarium is driving me mad!! it' s so addictive i just wanna keep beating my score, and i' ve never been one of high score type games!!!

now i just need a ds buddy to nifi with. ugh
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 12, 2005 08:24
Good to see your enjoying your DS :) I' ve had mine for a couple of months now and am really enjoying it.

Just a few questions:

How are you finding the controls in Mario 64DS? I found them to be workable but feel that at times the lack of an analog stick really does hurt the game.

Do you find the DS comfortable for playing GBA games? I personally prefer the SP, but the DS screen is superior.

How good is Wario Ware?

Ta
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 12, 2005 08:55

I never played Mario 64 for the N64 and never will... I' m just wanting to get into the game a bit as Yoshi is annoying me.

You have no idea how I envy you paul. A mario 64 virgin. I played it when it first came out and 3D games basically didn' t exsist, soyou probably won' t have the same thrill there, but even without that I could play that game over and over and over.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 12, 2005 16:12

You have no idea how I envy you paul. A mario 64 virgin. I played it when it first came out and 3D games basically didn' t exsist, soyou probably won' t have the same thrill there, but even without that I could play that game over and over and over.

ah yes, the joy of just running sround in circles just for the sake of it, that novitly of brand new 3d graphics is gone and some of its overall charm is also gone.

I dont have one, [the black box is cool] as i need money, and if i had money i would buy mgs3! stat! [unless somebody is willing to give me the money? through paypal?]
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 15, 2005 18:50
Well, I never owned a Nintendo 64 because back in the day I was poor and a massive Sega and devoted Saturn fan. Looking back I realise how stupid I was being but I was only a kid. Marrio 64 DS is a great game though. The lack of an analog stick is possibly a downer but I' ve managed to get so far in the game without it really annoying me. Quite the opposite anyway, I' m loving it so far.

I don' t own a GBA SP but will probably use my DS to play GBA games in the future. As I' ve stated before the screen is backlit and much better to see. The only problem is the shoulder buttons are further away than on the GBA but thats easily adapted to.

Apparently the DS is the fastest selling console of all time in the UK, possibly even europe. Couple that with the fact the PSP has been delayed over here and things suddenly look very bright for Nintendo.
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: DS In Europe - Mar 16, 2005 02:32
yeah it' s sold loads hasn' t it...

thing to remember though, is that the 2nd fastest selling console of all time is.... Nintendo Gamecube... and we all know what happened to that....

i' m a big nintendo fan... and i hope the ds is a success over a long period of time, but even though it' s a big seller now, it might not always be...

though mario 64ds is the 4th best seller of the week, which is pretty good for a handheld!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll