Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis ingame footage
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 25, 2006 07:02

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

halo killer? halo is all about gameplay and far cry is far from cool gameplay - it' s about 7-8/10 maxin that area

Hes referring to Crysis.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 25, 2006 20:12
sure he is :)

The thing is those guys do nice graphics and good (at best) gameplay - those movies , while showing some amazing visuals also show that gameplay looks pretty much like the one in Far Cry.

I didn' t like FC (I played it on Xbox) for it' s gameplay and no visuals can make up for that imo.

If it' s about shooting people and shooting people ain' t fun in it - it' s not worth my time.
Nitro

RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 25, 2006 20:16

those movies , while showing some amazing visuals also show that gameplay looks pretty much like the one in Far Cry.

You didn' t actually whatch the video did you?!

The game looks absolutely nothing like Far Cry. Gameplay-wise it looks head & shoulders better than Far Cry and even my beloved Halo!

The massive alien tank looking think that freezes stuff looks amazing. They need to do a console version!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 25, 2006 21:31
...definitely.....

....it' s the later alien/tech levels which are most impressive.... ...don' t you all remember the footage IGN had during E3?....
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 00:12
Have you guys seen some of the latest screens? I' m basically trying to build my new PC around this game, but they haven' t even released some of the hardware I need yet!

http://www.totalcry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 01:43
Man Crysis just looks better and better. It' s pretty annoying that there' s no PC today that can play it with everything on max but at least it should be coming for the next-gen consoles.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 04:46
oh I' ve seen it - it would be awesome to have such a visual marvel with awesome gameplay but I don' t think this will be the case here.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 06:48
I dont know why mate, farcry in its day on pc (not 360 version which is ok) was stunning and its MP was fantastic.

If crysis does the same formula three years on it is a garuanteed hit!

Im not so sure about the interior screens, it looks like to date they have put more effort on the greenery than anything else, it' s stunning to say the least with its physics etc.. but I noticed the textures on the jeep needed a bit of improvment on the movie, still the best looking game of the day currently...
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 25 Jun 06 22:50:22 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 09:51
Far Cry' s open level layouts were refreshing, and the AI was nice in that it didn' t just run out to shoot you. But as a game it was only average imo too. In the end it was just one of those games where you simply go from A to B shooting as many people as you can, only you could take in some nice views on the way.

It seemed like more of a technical experiment than a game, and Crysis could end up going the same way.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 10:06
I think they need to insert a Uwe Boll Boss guy, that would make it an instant classic!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 16:59
hahah, you could have him running around with a camera trying to take film of you and you are a ninja, so you have to whoop his arse...

made me chuckle mate - don' t tell me theya re doing a movie on far cry now, please say no. unless someone else is directing it who actually a). has a clue b) has a budget....
Nitro

RE: Crysis ingame footage - Jun 26, 2006 19:36
Uwe Boll needs to be murdered!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages