Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 04:45
http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=1

I noticed a few mistakes but its a good read for anyone who hasn' t got into this stuff yet.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 05:04
I stopped reading after the first two poorly written sentences. Optimus is a fucking moron and aways has been.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 09:12

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I stopped reading after the first two poorly written sentences. Optimus is a fucking moron and aways has been.

Umm... Care to elaborate? A post like this doesn' t do much for your credibility either.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 09:21
Yeah, look at the feedback he had for that post, hes being worshiped.

A good read, certainly makes sense overall, easily the best 360 Vs ps3 comparison ive read.

Nice find.
Nitro

RE: Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 10:57

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

I stopped reading after the first two poorly written sentences. Optimus is a f*cking moron and aways has been.

Umm... Care to elaborate? A post like this doesn' t do much for your credibility either.

You say that like i should care what you, or any other person here thinks. I don' t.

Would i care to elaborate?! Sure. It' s poorly written.

" PS3 CPU information provided by Sony"

*laughs uncontrollably*

He " suggests" an awful lot of things, some right and some wrong and while the final outcome of 360 having more provable performance than PS3 is correct - things like this...

The 360’s DVD drive pulls information off of a 12X DVD disc twice as fast as the PS3’s 2X Blu-Ray does off of a Blu-Ray disc. The 360’s 12 DVD drive has a speed of 16.5 megabytes per second compared to the PS3’s 2X Blu-ray drive which has a speed of 8.7 megabytes per second.

...are completely false.

The CAV drive in 360 only achieves 12x for approx 15% of the outer disc, and 5x on the inner ring, averaging at 8x. Since it can only read single layer discs at 12x, limited to 8x when reading dual-layer DVD' s, and since most 360 games are pressed on DVD9 it' s maxing out at 8x nearly 100% of the time. 16MB/s is peak performance when reading DVD5, not DVD9.

PS3' s 2x BD-Rom drive has a transfer rate of 8-9MB/s. The differences are negligible. He doesn' t know what he' s talking about.

Why is he a moron?! Because he' regurgitating information he read elsewhere and simply paraphrasing it. You can see where most of it is from HERE

< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 19 Nov 06 9:56:03 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 16:11
Thank you for elaborating. The reason why I called you out on that is that you seemed to dismiss the article from a purely grammatical standpoint that is still technically correct - which made you sound like a moron too.

You say that like i should care what you, or any other person here thinks. I don' t.

Of course you care, otherwise you wouldn' t have responded to my post, nor would you have 5000 odd posts on this forum alone. If you didn' t care what other people thought, why would you be in a place that is designed for people to exchange information and ideas? Taking some care with what you write about and taking in the considerations of others (and what they think) is what separates a good/respected poster (like yourself) from some idiot forum troll.
Nitro

RE: Comparative analysis between PS3 and 360 hardware - Nov 19, 2006 17:57
In that case i appologise. I' ll think twice about what i type next time.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll