Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Chronicles Of Riddick: My positive view!
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
Chronicles Of Riddick: My positive view! - Jun 23, 2004 03:45
The other thread is full of garbage posts at this point, so I decided to start this thread off with some good comments.

Let me sum it up:

Story 8
Acting 7
Action 9
effects 6
originality 4
overall 8

I thought Vin Diesel did a good job with this movie. I love Sci-Fi so I guess im a bit biased. The story itself I found very entertaining. I liked the whole " Necromonger" thing, though its not as original of an idea as it could have been it was still a good enough base. The whole movie reminded me of something I might have seen in the late 80' s early 90' s, but with modern day CGI.

Acting was pretty good I thought. Never did I notice what I would call, blatently poor acting. Vin Diesel was pretty good as " Riddick" , though I think they could have taken more time to develop his character throughout the movie, like what was with the prison-dog' s eyes matching his? Is there a connection there..maybe in a sequal? Otherwise the other characters were unique and intersting in their own sense, thought not totally original themselves.

The fighting and necromonger effects were pretty cool. They used alot of CGI but it worked well. It doesnt bother me because I understand its sci-fi. The fight scenes did what they needed, nothing extraordinary, but nothing lacking i felt.

The movie itself seemed like a new take on an old story. I liked that though, I left the movie satisfied. I enjoyed the movie and I feel like even though the story seems ...very familiar in comparison to other sci-fi flicks, what made Pitch Black good was kinda visible in this movie, its hard to put my finger on but if you liked Pitch Black, youll probably like this.

Overall I left the theatre alot more satisfied then many other movies have left me. Nobody got up and left during the movie. Everyone there seemed to have enjoyed the movie. I dont know why people were so disapointed with this movie... I mean I went in with medium expectations and I left happy. I knew it wasnt going to be a blockbuster.. If you like sci-fi, you want to see this. Simple as that. Its worth 8 bucks.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll