Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter)
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 00:39
Anybody here get hold of it? Seems the magazines and web pages agree the game is something special. And when something like that happens you can' t really ignore the game, can you? I couldn' t anyway. Being a seasoned gamer I finally felt the need to see what all the fuss was about. After a few hours of play (the game being 7% complete as it stands now) I can safely say the hype is true. Burnout 3 is possibly the best racing game I' ve played since Metropolis Street Racer (lol, have I missed out on Project Gothem there?). It' s really, really good anyway.

Straight forward racing is fun just because you can do what I' ve been trying to do in driving games since the first one I played. I' m talking about ramming your rivals off the road. In other racing games a swift nudge might benefit you but it never seemed to really pay off. Most racing games would rather you do things properly and professionally; make like Michal Schumacher and take the inside line or outbreak drivers on corners (Bad example as I can' t remember Michal Schumacher actually taking over anyone on track this season...). While still technically fun to watch when done right, shunting a rival from behind and watching in awe as they clip the scenery and fly in slow motion over past your car, is much more impressive. Good gawd, the ' Takedown' feature rocks.

I' m 7% through and if the other 93% is as fun as this I' ll be a happy man. There' s still the crash mode to perfect only having come across two of the 40 junctions and a whole heap of cars to uncover.

I' d recommend this to you all in a heartbeat.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 9/13/2004 12:50:22 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 01:35
Yeah I have it. It' s a good game, but honestly it should have been $30 or $40 because it really is put together half-assedly. The game has already locked up on me once (Xbox version) and EA is having tons of problems with the online servers. The overall consensus is that this game is still a little buggy. In 16:9 (widescreen) mode, everything except the polygons seem horizontally stretched, as if 16:9 suport was put in as an afterthought. So menu screens and stuff like that (also your HUD) simply look stretched. The game has an autosave feature, yet every time it autosaves, I must confirm it. Why? When you enable a custom soundtrack, it plays fine but the next time you turn the game on, it defaults back to the horrible music (it really sucks) that EA put in there as default and you must again switch it back to custom.

Crap like all that gives the game a rushed feel. They didn' t take the time to polish it, and I like my games polished and completely finished before being rushed out. Game delays honestly do not bother me as long as I know they are using the time to make sure the game is 100%.

Having said all that, I still enjoy the game, especially the crash modes. I think I' m a bit over 17% complete.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 03:26
Hmm so far I havent had ne problems, as all things seem to fit and no freeze ups. This game has become all of what I hoped it would minus one thing- full savable replays. I think all sports titles of ne kind really shoudl have a good replay feature as mandatory. However, that didnt really stop me from loving the hell out of the game as Im not 57% donesince me and my girlfriend started it on friday. The hype is true and the game kicks arse!

9.4 probably higher had it supplied a good replay feature.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 13:33
I' ve noit had any problems either. The game has run smoothly on my X-Box. Can' t say anything about X-Box Live as I don' t have it yet but am looking at what I' d need to get the most out of it. What speed internet connection would you reccomend having?

Oh, and I take my Michal Schumacher comment back. Typical isn' t it... he does nothing all season to show he deserves to be champ, becomes champ and as soon as I comment on the fact he has a race where he shows he does actually deserve to win (even though he only came 2nd this race). The sod.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 15:13
Nobody I know has had any problems, either. As usual, it' s just Joe.

Anyway, this basically tops my list of " games to get," but with Star Ocean and HSG: Fore! on my plate, as well as Fable (out this week), I' m going to have to hold off for a little while.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 18:42
Did anybody have Burnout 2: Director' s Cut for the Xbox? I was sad that Burnout 3 was not the director' s cut. I was looking forward to the running commentary by the director and producers, deleted scenes, interviews with the actors, the " making of" , trailers and teasers, etc etc etc.

OK that was a lame attempt at a joke. But everyone should laugh anyway to make me feel accepted in this community.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 20:50
Har Har HEHEE
badboy104

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 14, 2004 16:23
Burnout 3 is the perfect racing game.

The sense of speed is incredible, the graphics are spectacular and the sound makes you feel as if you are watching a hollywood movie.

You have to buy this game. You dont wanna get pointed at in the streets now do you
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 14, 2004 18:55
Burnout 3 is one of the best games ever, i loved the second one and now the third just improves on that.The graphics and sound are amazing as i was with the second game i am once again hooked.

It is a must buy, go get it now.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message