Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 27, 2006 21:02
http://news.spong.com/article/10461?cb=773

It was revealed yesterday that a major new IP from Microsoft Game Studios is going to be announced in the near future, with the European Xbox event X06 most likely to be playing host to the news. Fresh information obtained by SPOnG today reveals Bungie will be announcing a a brand new IP in the near future, with the X06 announcement likely coming from the Halo-famed studio.

Speaking to a Microsoft source close to the management of the entire Xbox 360 project today, we were told that, " As far as things stand, Halo 3 is the last game [in the series] and it' s more than just ' a thing to say' which I know came as a surprise to everyone [at Microsoft Game Studios not involved with the decision-making process] when it was announced. A new game from Bungie, not Halo 4, will be announced soon and pre-production has begun. So if you' re looking for what to expect at X06, you should be looking at that."

Interestingly, the fact that Halo 3 is officially the last game in the series seems to have been totally overlooked by Xbox 360 fans to date. It was fair to assume that the claim the most important Xbox IP to date was to be killed off was little more than hyperbole on the part of Microsoft. Though awkward genius Bungie seems pretty clear on the matter: " Bungie Shocks World with Surprise Game Announcement. Bungie announces Halo 3, the third and final game in the Halo Trilogy. Halo 3 will be released for Microsoft' s Xbox 360 in 2007," it said on its site during E3, a joke aside to the fact that Halo 3 was a clear cert from the off.

Further confirmation has come in the form of recent interviews, with Halo art director Marty O' Donnell telling the BBC, " We all want Halo to be the great ending to an epic trilogy. We look at what Peter Jackson did with the Lord of the Rings films - which each film bettering the previous one and that is what we are aiming for."

For the record, SPOnG has heard that Halo 3 will be last game in the current Halo Trilogy. Another trilogy, likely a prequel, will be announced at some point in the next 12 months. Nothing solid on that yet, though we' ll keep chipping away at the leaky places and let you know as soon as we hear more.

ps!,Eric Nylund said recently,very soon we gonna announce a new IP that im gonna work with,MS is publishing it,and its gonna be the best game ever!

Eric nylund writres stories to games,such as Gears of war,and worked on the Halo novels.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 28, 2006 03:28
I' m looking forward to Halo 3, and looking forward to whatever new worlds Bungie creates following it. Who would want to be stuck working on the same storyline for their entire career? If people still want more Halo games, and they probably will, MS can probably pass along the franchise to another developer.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 28, 2006 03:34
Yea I heard about this and got quite excited just the way he described it and he is a good writer so I would expect what ever it is to be as good as his recent.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 28, 2006 05:48
*Wonders how Bungie' s ' Project Orion' will stack up against ' Huxley' *
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 28, 2006 06:52
So far, they' ve been doing good Halos - we' ll see how good they really are when this next game comes out.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 28, 2006 10:32

So far, they' ve been doing good Halos - we' ll see how good they really are when this next game comes out.

Ever played Oni? That' s a Bungie game and, whilst it' s far from amazing, it' s still an enjoyable enough shooting and fighting hybrid of a game. It remains to be seen, if they' re more of a one trick pony or more of a swiss army knife though.
< Message edited by Calintz -- 28 Jul 06 2:32:53 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 28, 2006 12:34
Microsoft have Halo 3, the Mass Effect TRILOGY, the Too Human TRILOGY and a 3 game deal with Epic (where only Gears has been announced).

Bungie have confirmed they have a MMOFPS in the works calle ' Project Orion' which is set in the Halo universe. You can bet your ass that Microsoft will have Bungie put together another TRILOGY either set in the same universe or in the same vein as the Halo games. They certainly won' t stray too far even if they do work on other franshises too.

Bear in mind that before Microsoft aquired Bungie Halo was an RTS. They could go down that road yet, not that i' m confident the' d pull it off.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 29, 2006 03:18
I gotta make ths brief. I' m goin camping on the Great Lakes in five minutes so I' ll officialy die on the internet for about a week. It shouldn' t be much of a suprise that the series is endin at 3. It' s been calleda trilogy long before this. In terms of their original I.P. I' m hoping for a Marathon sequel from Bungie. Yeah it was a doom clone, but it was mildly awesome.
blazian4life

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 29, 2006 04:12
If bungies new IP fails they can always come back with another Halo game since 1,2 and 3 are going to be finished they might come out with a " Halo zero" game where it all began with the destruction of reach....I don' t know it' s just a theory.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 29, 2006 05:10
Halo wont just end, great franchises never just end! There are money to be made!

And chicks to F***

I got carried away! but there!
< Message edited by VX CHEMICAL -- 28 Jul 06 21:12:31 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 29, 2006 05:17

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Halo wont just end, great franchises never just end! There are money to be made!

And chicks to F***

I got carried away! but there!

You leave those poor innocent chicks out of this...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Bungie doing a new IP?Probably yes! - Jul 29, 2006 06:19

Ever played Oni? That' s a Bungie game and, whilst it' s far from amazing, it' s still an enjoyable enough shooting and fighting hybrid of a game. It remains to be seen, if they' re more of a one trick pony or more of a swiss army knife though.

It wasn' t the worst game ever , but it definitely did not impress.

I' m hoping for a Marathon sequel from Bungie. Yeah it was a doom clone, but it was mildly awesome

I' ve heard it was pretty good - I' d love to check it just to see what' s so special about it (besides being a Mac game - and that is truly rare)

That' s all there' s to it :)
(leave the boy alone - he' s damn right with those chicks)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll