Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:16

According to Famitsu.

It' ll be the first 360 game to cover multiple discs. So much for Microsoft' s 1 disc policy

This is obviously a good thing as space would be a non-issue as 24+ GB virtually equals a single layer BD ROM.

I honestly didn' t think it would happen but it is doing.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:21
Well that confirmes what Quez said

Well,i have no problem with a sequal,as long as the world is " big" i also heard rumor from some people that they said in japan that BD will be on 3 disc.

In this thread
https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=82905&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:28
Not that it is a big problem (we' ve lived through it in the past), but I prefer having things on a single disc. But I still hope that Ms isn' t going to start making games on HD-DVD. That... that would be mean.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 21 Nov 06 16:30:09 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:35
This kind of justifies the blu ray doesnt it ... Not all the games will be this big but still ...
Dionysius

RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:44
Depends on how one sees it, I mean is it really that much of a trouble to swap discs every say 15 hours?

I like Blue-Ray, but when I think of it like that then I really feel sorry for all the starving children.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:51
I like changing discs.
It occured to me when I played Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. I really, really missed the disc swapping from the DC version.
Final Fantasy games on PS1, Tales of Symphonia on GCN, man the disc swapping was the one thing that made you feel how far you' ve progressed.
And everytime you spoke with a friend how far you have progressed you always said which disc you had made it to.
I' m glad we' ll still be doing that another generation.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 00:57
I agree about the disc swapping.. It always gave me a good feeling of progression whenever reached the end of one disc and saw the " Please Insert Disc #2 or 3" screen.

Lengthy games on single discs almost always had me saying, " Geezus Krist, how much longer is this f***ing game?????"
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Nov 06 16:58:13 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 02:06
As you may all know Blue dragon is one of the first 1080p games,what does that mean?

Well their HD CGI is in 1080p,you thought itagaki had problem with 720p chi,clealry you see what that meant for Sakaguci here.

However we shoukld wait and see what this really meant,so one dvd isn' t jus making off or something,because i also hear about that.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 04:28

I like changing discs.
It occured to me when I played Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. I really, really missed the disc swapping from the DC version.
Final Fantasy games on PS1, Tales of Symphonia on GCN, man the disc swapping was the one thing that made you feel how far you' ve progressed.
And everytime you spoke with a friend how far you have progressed you always said which disc you had made it to.
I' m glad we' ll still be doing that another generation.
I agree. It' s (almost 99% of the time) an indicator that you' re a little more than half-way through, y' know set your expectations & all that.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 06:20
sequal has also been confirmed...end of the day, 3 disks or a console that costs an extra £200 due to a format that may die quicker than UMD' s?? thats a hard one

Swapping disks was fine with RE4 on GC, Shenmue 1 and II on DC and i have no problem doing it now days.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 06:47
I' ve never really understood the people who have a problem with disc swapping, it' s not exactly mentally taxing, is it?

man the disc swapping was the one thing that made you feel how far you' ve progressed.

This also rings true for me.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 09:46
Yes!!! Disc swapping, it' s like having immediate access to the other
side of a cliffhanger moment.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 11:04
Not to mention, you know you' ve all done this, where you pop in disk two, just to see if you can play, even though you know you can' t.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 17:28
Query, did FFX, X-2, or XII have to swap discs? Not too sure since I haven' t played ' em yet...

I' m just shocked that, if a game like Oblivion, which is just plain impossibly huge, could hit on a single DVD...what the heck is filling Blue Dragon Goddamn CG movies!

...nah, as long as the price is right, extensive movies are fun to watch...unless they' re Dirge-caliber...ugh [:' (]
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 22, 2006 20:17
Byakko it' s very simple,720p and 1080p CGI HD,takes tons of GB space.

You dont need or have any CGI in game slike oblivion.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 23, 2006 04:34

Lengthy games on single discs almost always had me saying, " Geezus Krist, how much longer is this f***ing game?????"

lol and sometimes when the game is excellent , i say damn i' m so happy with this , i' m still on the first dvd SO MUCH MORE TO ENJOY... I felt sad when i had to swap the dvd playing resident evil 0.
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 23, 2006 04:36
Same,with for ex Tales of symphonia.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 23, 2006 05:45
Multiple DVDs doesn' t bother me, what bothers me is the crappy image quality of the CGI videos in most 360 games due to over compression. Look at COD3, fugly.
Dionysius

RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 25, 2006 03:04
Having watched some of the CG cutscenes of Blue Dragon at Gametrailers, I have to say that they could' ve just as easy have skipped it. Doesn' t look impresive, and seeing how great Gears looks, it shouldn' t have been impossible to make it real time.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 25 Nov 06 16:00:01 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Blue Dragon to span 3 DVD' s... - Nov 26, 2006 04:44
as quez said thats just because the game must be filled whit CGI cutscenes in 1080p, whitch take tons of space, whitout the CG´s it pobably wouldnt take more than a disc, besides, since its a big game for MS they will probably add some interviews whit the devs, they would be very stupid if they dont do that.
i really dont like multi disc games since i lost the second one of my FF VII and couldnt play again, almost happens the same whit RE4 on the NGC, but i dont thing its a big deal, if u whant to see the CG again u will have to swhitch to the rigth disc tho.

Its all the game 1080p native or just the cutscenes???.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message