Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease. - Jun 20, 2005 15:50
I just read that the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD format unification aint gonna happen.

http://news.designtechnica.com/article7683.aspx

Which now means we will have to buy a player for both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD great huh?

I think it would be smart for both Toshiba and Nintendo to make the Revolution HD-DVD compatible to compete against the PS3' s Blu-Ray. Otherwise HD-DVD might get swept since Blu-Ray will have a garrenteed user base with all the PS3s.

So if you like IGN had a news story that they want people to email nintnedo and tell them to support HD and accept HD-DVD as their Revolution format.

nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease. - Jun 20, 2005 16:03
Don' t buy either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. Wait until one pulls ahead and buy that one.

I e-mailed Nintendo about the HD Revolution thing a few days back. Everyone gets the same exact response thanking them for their interest and they know their opinions will change once they play the Rev. BS.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease. - Jun 20, 2005 17:27
isn' t that funy? We are the consumers they are suposed to listen to what we want and provide it to us so we can buy their stuff and they get richer. I mean HD is the new thing and it' s what everyone is turning to and evenautally replace SD just like the FCC says they want all broadcast signals to become digital by 2006-2007 and i don' t see it going away anytime soon. The Xbox 2 is supposed to be all in HD but they are sticking with normal DVDs. So the only one that will be next gen HD format will be the PS3 which gives them a significant reason to buy the PS3 to have a new Blu-Ray player.

I also sent Nintendo an email, actually quite a few over the years, and the only one they are really doing is the old school library being playable and backwards compatibility thing finally. I told them you may not want to make HD games but at least gives developers the option if they want to.

I guess we will just have to see later this year when they announce the date, price, specs, and controller. I read they will have a press conference in Japan (probably at their space world show they do).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease. - Jun 20, 2005 17:41

I e-mailed Nintendo about the HD Revolution thing a few days back. Everyone gets the same exact response thanking them for their interest and they know their opinions will change once they play the Rev. BS.

At least you received a much nicer email than I got. The reply I got was- " I' m gonna kick your a$$ and take your name!

Cordially yours,
Reggie Fils-aime"
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease. - Jun 20, 2005 20:19
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Blu-Ray and HD-DVD unifed format talks cease. - Jun 21, 2005 08:01
you mean Reggie didn' t hand pen that message to me about the revolution after i bitched about the HD and revolution?????

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll