Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Billy Gates faces more time in court
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 00:37
Looks like the old " My 360 is scratching my discs." Issue just won' t go away, I was always under the impression that this was caused by leaving a disc in the drive and moving the 360 around, maybe it is something different after all.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/05/euro_class_action_against_xbox/
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 03:29
I like the title of this thread lol Billy Gates
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 05:58
or maybe this lawsuit is bullshit and youre a fanboy. Just pondering.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 07:20
800 people doesnt seem convincing. Must have been 800 nubtards who dont know how to take care of a disc
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 07:34
Like I said I was under the impression this issue was caused by people moving a 360 with a disc still in the system.

It strikes me that Europe are jumping on the same bandwagon as the US now, if something isn' t to your taste then you sue, this will just be another long drawn out legal battle for Billy boy, which I think we all agree is one he can carry on for years and years.

who is the fanboy BTW
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 08:43
The ones filing the lawsuit(s).
Obviously if you move any console while its spinning a disc its going to scratch. Although now that I think about it, its doubtful that these are people who are fans of anything, except making a(n) (extremely) cheap Dollar(Euro).

And like you said, it doesnt matter, Bill can keep this in court until it just becomes unrealisticly expensive for the plantiff.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 6 Mar 07 0:45:53 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 14:48
Fuck the disc scratching issue, I want all the other issues with the POS hardware addressed first. I want to know why my first 360 froze and why my current 360 won' t turn on everytime I press power, I want to know why my disc tray keeps jamming and why two of my games cracked while in my 360. I love the 360 as a platform but the build quality of the actual machine is shit. This isn' t just Sony or Nintendo fanboys saying this either, it' s true. Everything that has been said about console failure is true. Every 360 should be recalled and future 360' s should be built to work as advertised. Even if the disc scratching problem that these people experienced happened while they moved the 360 while it was one, that' s still inexcusable. Try moving the ps3 or Wii with a disc inside. You know what would happen? Nothing, because the Wii and PS3 isn' t built on the lowest bitter. They were designed to last more then 6 months, the 360 wasn' t.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 20:49
I know of a machine which ran in our local " Currys digital" 24/7 in the window for over a year solid, and has not failed yet! I think the problem you have is that you have had a re-hashed early unit back which has had a dubious repair.

If your talking about built quality, dont forget flimsy PS1' s compared to Saturns or Dreamcast lids which crack through over time. You cant confuse the build quaility / solidity of the 360 hardware to hardware faults - they are not the same thing.

Just rmemeber back to early comparison articles between the two machines (360 & PS3) most said the 360 had a better build. What is now apparent is that early hardware compoentry and the repair process are not up to scratch. If you were MS could you do any more? Imagine if every faulty unit got a brand new unit each time, imagine the loss theyd make.

Out of interest, where was your sevice centre? Ours was on the South Eash Coast of UK, perhaps there are different levels or retard working at these different centres?!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 21:05

ORIGINAL: musashi

I know of a machine which ran in our local Dixons 24/7 in the window for over a year solid, and has not failed yet! I think the problem you have is that you have had a re-hashed early unit back which has had a dubious repair.

Fixed.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 06, 2007 21:49
Musashi if you were talking to me. I didn' t have mine repaired I had mine replaced with a new unit. I live in Canada, and here by law if an item is defective you' re entitled to have it replaced with a new one (rather then have it repaired). I honestly can' t remember where the service center was, I guess it doesn' t matter since it was replaced. I' m guessing Toronto or Montreal. I have nothing to say against the service center, they sent me a box to send my 360 in with postage and everything so it was easy and they were fast. I got my second 360 a week after I sent my old one.

It wasn' t just the first batch though, most people I' ve spoken with have gone though at least two 360' s and some have had three or four defective 360' s. This is what MS gets for outsourcing manufacturing to some low grade factories.

As for the ps1, I can' t say I care much about it. I never owned one, but if I did and the first and second one failed I' d bitch about that too. I did however get a lemon PS2 with the infamous " disc read error" which pissed me off far more then this does because Sony denied the problem along with any chance getting it replaced.

What really pisses me off, is that on top of not working properly my Xbox 360 has the audacity to eat my games. My games are cracking in half. It happened to Gears and COD2 and Oblivion. I don' t know if its cheap discs, the game cases or the 360 itself but my 360 games are cracking.

People say PC gaming is a hassle HA!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 07, 2007 01:25
Man that sucks agent, I am aware that repaired units may fail over here, but surely there must be some way to check the serial number and work out if the new machines were and what the affected batches were? Still, I think your right and MS will not make the same mistakes again!!

My friend has cracked two copies of Gears, but nothing else... but then again he is a slob who uses his 360 24-7 who has broken two units because he runs them in his TV cabinet with the glass doors shut!
< Message edited by musashi -- 6 Mar 07 17:27:18 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 07, 2007 09:13
X360 is trash.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 07, 2007 09:20

ORIGINAL: musashi

Man that sucks agent, I am aware that repaired units may fail over here, but surely there must be some way to check the serial number and work out if the new machines were and what the affected batches were? Still, I think your right and MS will not make the same mistakes again!!

My friend has cracked two copies of Gears, but nothing else... but then again he is a slob who uses his 360 24-7 who has broken two units because he runs them in his TV cabinet with the glass doors shut!

That' s not an excuse for a console breaking.

I can put my PC in a box and seal any air hole with tape, turn it on, and it will turn itself off because it' s not retarded and can properly detect overheating, probably due to some $1.00 heat sensor that MS is too cheap to put into their console.

X360 = Retarded.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 7 Mar 07 1:21:30 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Billy Gates faces more time in court - Mar 07, 2007 11:01

X360 is trash.

What isnt trash in your opinion?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages