Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 26, 2006 23:02

The Unreal Engine 3-powered Rogue Warrior has been officially unveiled in the latest issue of Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine.

Featuring four-player Live co-op and space for up to 24 players online, Rogue Warrior is aiming directly for Ghost Recon' s counter-terrorist comfort zone - especially with its online play over Xbox Live.

Bethesda and Zombie are touting a multiplayer tiling system, which allows players to build multiplayer maps from sections of other maps. According to the magazine, each level is made up from three sections - you choose one, the other team picks another, the then centre section is plucked out of the list at random by the Xbox 360 (from over 200 combinations).

Advertisement:
Opposing teams won' t know what the other team has picked until they' re in the game. The main aim of this feature is to stop players getting bored of playing on the same maps, according to the makers.

The only release offered was ' 2007' .

CVG

Sounds rubbish.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 26, 2006 23:06
I will need to see more to tell, i read about it this morning, but i didnt really take much notice in it! I wonder how they are going to mix the maps so it doesnt seem strange when youi play!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 27, 2006 03:16
The come out with title after title, and still no word on Fallout 3. This doesn' t interest me, but this game makes Fallout 3 sound more like vaporware.
< Message edited by eddie_the_Hated -- 26 Oct 06 19:16:38 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 27, 2006 17:50
Yeah, we practicly know more about ElderScrolls V than Fallout 3, i want details dammit, they even teased about it at E305
Nitro

RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 28, 2006 09:22

Maybe this isn' t going to be bad afterall....
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 28, 2006 09:39
Majik, check your messages.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 29, 2006 07:56
Intriguing idea, wonder how well it will play out.
Nitro

RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 30, 2006 22:01

It seems to be a game much like the multi-player component of GRAW. It looks impressive from a graphical standpoint, probably because it is using UE3.0 but some things need improving. It' s going use 360' s tiling method for texture mapping so as long as it' s done properly there should be no GPU intensive workarounds and 60fps should be achievable.

SoundDelux DMG, the studio behind Black Hawk Down and Kill Bill are doing the sound and full motion capture is being done for the animations.

It appears to be a fully fledged story based game where you take control of non other than Richard Marcinko - a real life ex Navy Seal. I' ve read about him and the guy was a complete badass!

Anyway, it' s set in North Korea and at a time when war is breaking out between North and South and you like GRAW you have 3 team-mates with you. Voice command will be used to order you men, though the face buttons will do the same job.

It seems that there will be a number of underwater missions (a no brainer seeing as these guys are SEALS and it' s set in Korea...)

And something else that' s worth noting is that just as SEALS are taught you can booby trap bodies with explosives, ...and that should be awesome!

I think that this could turn out to be something quite special...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 30, 2006 22:04
I feel no love for this game.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 31, 2006 03:15
Looks like a game Called " El Matador" , anyone played it? The game is pure crap... Hope this is better. Bethseda have done some great games, but it' s a huge leap to realism shooters from fantasy RPG.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bethesda announce Rogue Warrior - Oct 31, 2006 03:25

It' s going use 360' s tiling method for texture mapping so as long as it' s done properly there should be no GPU intensive workarounds and 60fps should be achievable.

Bethesda' s games don' t reach 60 fps...they can' t optmize a game to save their ass. Not saying that I don' t like what they put out (huge fan of TES), but seeing them put out a 60 frames per second fps on a console is a pipe dream.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll