Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ask not what you can do for your console...
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 09:48
But what your console can do for you!

What all this talk about how great graphics will be next gen, what else do you want ? Like MS has WebTv services planned and it' s rumored the PS3 will only use wireless controllers. So what other nifty features would you like to see?
< Message edited by lotusson -- 21 Apr 05 17:49:02 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 10:34
The return of the POWER GLOVE!!!

3D Glasses like those used with the Sega Master System.

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 10:44
Well I' ve always loved custom soundtracks in my games so I was very happy to hear that the feature will be built into the hardware on the Xbox so its not limited to only a few games but to everygame. Theres also the xbox live and pc intergration thing (one game im looking forward to is the mmofps Huxley), actually I wanna see what else Live will bring to the tables next gen.

So ya those are 2 main things, Universal Custom Soundtracks and Xbox Live related stuff. I dont know about any extra features for PS3 so I cant comment on that yet.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 10:54
I hate wireless. I want wired controllers. At least as an option. I don' t want to have to constantly worry about either buying new batteries or constantly recharging my controllers. I don' t want to have to worry about if the controllers have enough charge to last throughout my entire gaming session. I don' t like that lag and unresponsiveness that wireless gives you when the power starts to get low. Soon, after many, many recharges, the battery life will wane and it will require new controllers to be purchased. Also, in 15 years when I dig the next-gen consoles out of the closet for a bit of nostalgia, I don' t want to have to charge the damn controllers and wait until he next day before I can take my trip down memory lane. I will want to play right then.

So I hope the next consoles offer 1st party wired controllers.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 11:51

I hate wireless. I want wired controllers. At least as an option.

Amen!

Maybe wired controllers will become a third-party accessory.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 12:32
Gotta disagree with you Daroosh and Joe. I' ve only ever used 1 wireless controller, and that' s the wavebird for my gamecube. Now maybe 3rd party RF ones aren' t so hot, but man, I wouldn' t trade my wavebird for anything. Snip the wires in my opinion. And just as a note, the batteries in the wavebird last a rediculous long time, all that needs to happen is for there to be an indicator light telling you how charged your batteries are. blue= charged, green=80%, yellow =60%, orange = 40%, and red = 20%.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 21, 2005 15:43
So I have to memorize the terror alert code to decipher how much power is left in my Wavebird?
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 22, 2005 07:06
yes yes you do. And after you' re able to memorize exactly what each of the five colors mean (I understand if this takes a while) you' ll have to memorize what each of the 7-8 (gasp!!!!) buttons on the controller do for whichever game you' re playing!!!! Looks like you' ve got your work cut out for you!
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 25, 2005 06:05
Backwards compatibility is a very desirable feature for me. During the early months of a console' s release, when you' re done playing that single AAA title, it' d be nice to revisit some old favourites and all those games you didn' t have time to play. Of course, it' d be even nicer if old games were improved by the hardware, PC-style.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 25, 2005 08:26
Other than stuff thats already been mentioned, standard video ouput ports would be nice.
ClayBoy22

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 25, 2005 11:31
a slushie Machine!! i think it should be built with a slushie machine.... mmmmm Cherry
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 25, 2005 13:55
ohhh if we' re going crazy with these ideas, they should build fog machines into them.
Imagine you' re playing Resident Evil 5 and a creepy fog rolls across your lounge, in fact the whole thing could be hooked up to your house so it can change room temp, flicker your lights, bang doors and stuff. muuuhaa haha that' d be great (for the first few times, then it' d get very annoying )
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ask not what you can do for your console... - Apr 25, 2005 14:03
Dont forget the blood squirt. When you hack up a victim a lil tube shoots blood in your face.

Could also be replaced with another liquid for adult games! I' ll say no more on that subject.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll