Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are M$ going to follow Sony??
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 03:12
Looks like M$ are going to follow in the footsteps of Sony and reduce the prices of ALL models.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/07/10/xbox360_price_drop/
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 03:35

...Micheal Pachter...

I stopped reading there.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 03:39
So... he' s telling us that because component costs are getting cheaper, that there' s going to be a price drop that correlates to the reduced component cost?

It' ll never happen.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 03:46

ORIGINAL: Nitro

...Micheal Pachter...

I stopped reading there.

Is he that guy that won' t stop appearing on GT' s Bonus Round?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 05:05
its Microsoft, so no.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 08:59

its Microsoft, so no.

they copied their price drops last gen.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 09:27
In some ways I dont expect a price drop from either. With the PS3, Sony is still losing alot of money for each console made. As for the 360, MS lost $3.1 Billion when they extended the warranty to 3 years. But if one of them drop Im sure the other will as well, just like with the ps2 and xbox1
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 09:28
MS are outsourceing for the 360, with Sony, not so much. Sony have more controll over the prices of the ps3 compnats, thus the quick price drop.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 11:40
They' re outsourcing less than they did with the original Xbox, which is I suppose initially cheaper. They of course got shafted later on with that though.

With the PS3, Sony is still losing alot of money for each console made.
Not so much anymore, they' ve brought it down to near profit. If they could get some software out of the gate they' d be doing okay for themselves.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 13:46

Not so much anymore, they' ve brought it down to near profit. If they could get some software out of the gate they' d be doing okay for themselves.

Now isn' t that the problem we have been talking about all along that if Sony could produce some good exclusive games then they will be able to get their head above water.

In some ways I dont expect a price drop from either. With the PS3, Sony is still losing alot of money for each console made. As for the 360, MS lost $3.1 Billion when they extended the warranty to 3 years. But if one of them drop Im sure the other will as well, just like with the ps2 and xbox1

You see you are missing something very important that it doesn' t matter if they are losing money now they will think of the long run and also their release of halo3 should have a price drop near it or atleast for the holiday season. And I think that both are going to have a price drop it is just a matter of when and how much.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Are M$ going to follow Sony?? - Jul 11, 2007 14:16

You see you are missing something very important that it doesn' t matter if they are losing money now they will think of the long run and also their release of halo3 should have a price drop near it or atleast for the holiday season. And I think that both are going to have a price drop it is just a matter of when and how much.

MS doesnt need a price drop this holiday, it' ll most likely come after the holiday. They' ll sell plenty of units at $400 with games like Halo3, MassEffect, BlueDragon, GTAIV, etc. Trust me, theyre gonna milk this holiday season for every penny they can get.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll