Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month - Sep 03, 2004 15:00
Tekken 5 hits US arcades next month

Namco narrows release window and announces new tournaments.

In an announcement that went out to arcade owners this week, Namco narrowed down the US release window for the latest game in its premier fighting game series. Originally scheduled for a vague " fall 2004" release, Tekken 5 has now been confirmed to hit in October.

Namco also announced that there will be official local and national tournaments for the game. Local tournaments are set to run from the game' s release until the second week in January 2005, with the national tournament slated to begin in February. Arcade owners who buy the Tekken game are encouraged to register their location with Namco to get in on the action.

Players will have the option of bringing their standard PlayStation 2 controllers, which will plug into the machine to be used instead of the standard joystick. A home version for the PlayStation 2 is scheduled for release in 2005. For more details on Tekken 5, check out our recent hands-on preview.

By Chris Kohler -- GameSpot

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month - Sep 03, 2004 15:06

Players will have the option of bringing their standard PlayStation 2 controllers, which will plug into the machine to be used instead of the standard joystick.

That' s the funniest thing I' ve read all week!!! lol..
WHAT kind of masochistic individuals would opt to use those annoying Dual Shock 2 controllers over beautiful arcade sticks with larger buttons? :)
Terry Bogard

RE: Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month - Apr 07, 2005 17:24
Scratch that, today I was at the ChinaTown arcade and actually saw two guys playing a few rounds against each other in Tekken 5 with their PS2 controllers plugged in... Ok, now I' ve seen it all -- I think, hehe..
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month - Apr 07, 2005 18:34
Is Tekken 5 100% exact to the PS2 version?
Terry Bogard

RE: Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month - Apr 07, 2005 19:17

Is Tekken 5 100% exact to the PS2 version?

The levels I' ve seen so far all looked the same.. Even the cool moonlit flower field with the soft focus camera effect.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Arcade News: Tekken 5 To Arrive Next Month - Apr 07, 2005 21:03
That is amazing to think that an arcade can come close to being as powerful as a home system. It used to be the home systems that struggled to keep up with the raw arcade powa!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll