Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1?
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jun 30, 2004 02:32
If you are the season premiere (8th) is starting on July 9th and the Stargate Atlantis spinoff premieres on July 16th. Anyone follow Stargate? I should be paid for advertising!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jun 30, 2004 02:46
I liked the movie from so many years ago...but never got into the show, doesnt it star the guy from Mcguyver?
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jun 30, 2004 04:01
I liked the movie but never really got caught on the show
Saw it a couple times but it' s not a show I watch regularly
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 01, 2004 00:43
Do you know anything about Stargate Atlantis at all apart from that its a spinoff?
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 02, 2004 05:25
I dont mind SG-1, accept that I like Farscape alot better. The 4-part mini-series wrap-up is going to air on Sci-Fi in October.

Long Live Farscape! www.watchfarscape.com
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 02, 2004 05:45
SG-1 just seems kind of boring for a sci-fi show. I can' t put my finger on it cause even though the show is extremely sci-fi just the way I like my shows, SG-1 suffers from being uninteresting.
Sharon

RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 02, 2004 14:24
I took this blurb off the official website for Stargate Atlantis:

Stargate Atlantis
Premiering July 16, 2004 on SCI FI Channel!

A new galaxy of adventure is about to be discovered! Join Colonel Marshall Sumner, Major John Sheppard, Dr. Elizabeth Weir and an international team of explorers from Earth on humanity' s greatest adventure yet. The ancient portal known as the Stargate has been taking SG-1 on adventures across the galaxy for years - now, the door has been unlocked to an entirely unexplored network of gates in another galaxy.

Stargate Command has spent the past year searching for the Lost City of the Ancients, a fabled city created thousands of years ago by the same advanced race that built the Stargate network. When SG-1 finds a vital clue, Dr. Weir prepares her team to step through the gate to the distant Pegasus Galaxy. What they find is the legendary city of Atlantis - including new technologies, new allies, and a frightening new enemy! But without enough power to gate back home, the explorers may have been given a one-way ticket.

Spacepiston -- I LOVE FARSCAPE! I couldn' t believe it when they cancelled it to begin with, but am so happy they' re bringing it back (and its suppose to start where it left off last time).

I have to admit Farscape is much better than SG-1.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 02, 2004 18:36
' Almost' every sci-fi show is better than SG-1
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 22, 2004 21:48

I LOVE FARSCAPE! I couldn' t believe it when they cancelled it to begin with, but am so happy they' re bringing it back (and its suppose to start where it left off last time).

I have to admit Farscape is much better than SG-1.

Did you ever see the fan funded commercials that ran during the last episodes? Basically Sci-Fi channel' s lead chick in charge Bonnie " the" Hammer thought Farscape' s production costs were waaaay too high for the ratings.

The campaign at www.watchfarscape.com ensued, and thousands of letters and other projects came to light, which is why they rebuilt the entire set to make the 4 part mini-series. Too bad the future is uncertain after that.

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 22, 2004 23:05
I just recently started watching Stargate SG-1. Personally I think it' s a pretty good show. The writing seems to remain pretty witty, and I love Richard Dean Andersons wry, smartass character...that is me tv form, lol.

Also, Stargate Atlantis seems to be a pretty good series itself. The new enemy they' ve come across are very powerful...killed off the Ancients, and they feed on humans. I think this series could be just a touch more darker than SG-1.
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Jul 23, 2004 03:45
Hmmm... alien spiecies that are way more powerfull than humans that feed on them... i' ve only heard that plot from like ALL shows or movies involving aliens. Then need to have it where like... WE are the super powerfull race and the aliens are just these little things that just pick fights. Then we mop the floor with them!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Aug 18, 2004 17:42
I loved the movie, been as faithful to watching the series as my work schedule will allow, and I think that the Atlantis spin-off is a great idea!

I can' t wait to see what the creators of the Atlantis spin-off write into the story line!!!

Awesome series...excellent topic, Sharon!
Sharon

RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Aug 18, 2004 20:32

Awesome series...excellent topic, Sharon!

Thanks! I have to admit though, the spin-off Stargate Atlantis just doesn' t do it for me. The acting sucks, especially the lead female boss character -- I mean, where did they find her?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Aug 20, 2004 15:34
Hopefully, they will realize their error and rectify the situation before any more damage is done. A poor lead-character is a sure downfall for a series...

NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Sep 13, 2004 05:46
I think its a great series. This season is nearly over thou..

Wanna make a bet that it will keep going on and on and on for season after season.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Anyone interested in Stargate SG-1? - Sep 13, 2004 06:14
It is a great series, that' s why it' s still on the air. I admit I' ve never finished an episode of Star Trek or Star Gate though...I just thought the dialogue is too much like tv soaps (slow, dramatic, sometimes relationship). I only like the part where attacks are shown.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll