Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any Dave Matthews fans out there?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Any Dave Matthews fans out there? - Oct 27, 2003 00:30
Have any of you cats picked up his new CD " Some Devil" ? I' m checking it out from a friend and it' s pretty good. Not the most mind blowing of works, but there' s a couple of things I think I' ll be listening to for a long time.

But what I find odd is that while its Dave Matthews CD and doesn' t include the rest of the Band, there' s still plenty of different instruments in each song.

I understand Dave not wanting a CD where it' s just him and his guitar for the whole thing, but doesn' t getting people to merely fill in your missing band members defeat the purpose of doing a " solo" CD? It' s like listening to Dave Matthews Band minus the real band.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Any Dave Matthews fans out there? - Oct 27, 2003 21:40
I never really liked Dave Matthews. I dont not hate him..just never really preferred his style I guess.

I love The Cranberries of course.. Bless their souls for 6 great cds so far, and a seventh hopefully by next summer. Sure nobody in America wants them to be successful anymore but other countries still appreciate them! Now if we could just a get a full U.S. tour again..hmm...that would require the sucess of albums such as " No Need To Argue" and the way American radio is, they would never allow The Cranberries a comeback even if it was well earned. Heck it was with Bury The Hatchet and radio stations basically axed it (pardon the pun).

Anyway, I also like Richard Ashcroft (former lead singer of The Verve). His first debut solo album " Alone With Everybody" was absolutely excellent. It has some play on MTV2 which is where I heard it originally. His second solo CD " Human Conditions" is not nearly as good in my opinion. It sounds more like The Verve which I never really cared for.

Anyway...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Any Dave Matthews fans out there? - Oct 28, 2003 00:59
I must say the band has great talent. I have never really gotten into listening to the bands music bt from what I' ve heard I really like them. I' ve been meaning to pick up one of their CD' s.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll