Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Amazing New Halo 2 Screens
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 17, 2004 14:05
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 17, 2004 15:48
Amazing indeed

They' re sooo beautiful
1handle

• Total Posts : 11
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 17, 2004 17:42
Good stuff!

One thing that concerns me is whether Halo2 is going to have the same kind of single-player story that the first featured. I like the online stuff, and I will never disagree that blowing up human opponents is more fun, but I tend to enjoy the story aspect of the game as much as anything else.

Does anyone know anything about this?
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 17, 2004 18:27
must we have a new thread for every new screenshot? geez, this game is gonna be spoiled before we even play it. besides, those screenshots are old. they were in game informer a couple months back.

and yes, the single player is still going to rock. it' s going to be 3 times the size of the original. bungie isn' t skipping over that. it' s going to focus more on the covenant backround( though, if you read the books you' d already know).
< Message edited by panzer_baiken -- 6/17/2004 6:33:46 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 17, 2004 23:18
I am not impressed in the least. Here' s why:

They are not actual gameplay shots! Notice that each and every picture is from a third person perspective that would be completely unplayable. There are no indicators on the screen at all (such as the usual ammo, gun, score, lives, etc etc etc_). Why won' t they release any actual gameplay shots? It' s like racing games **cough** GT4 **cough** that only show stills of the replay. They must have something to hide, otherwise they' d show the gameplay pics. Each one of these stills could have been rendered precisely at that angle to get the best look possible. It is unlikely that you' ll ever see those screens in the game. This is a huge pet peeve of mine and is absolutely irresponsible of the company releasing the game. Why not show gamers exactly what they' ll be seeing? Probably because it doesn' t look as good, that' s why.

Don' t get too excited.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/17/2004 5:18:52 PM >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 04:40
Someone hasnt watched the E3 kikizo multiplayer video, then you would know that the games does look that good, and they are showing it in third-person to show off the character models. So congrats on commenting on something you know nothing about, Joe, because most of these are from the actual in-game engine. (unlike a certain company famous for thier RPGs, whos new 12th installment video is completely CG rendered and has no actuall game play)

P.S. Mad props to Kikizo for getting some Riddick avatars.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 6/18/2004 4:46:14 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 04:45
Is it gonna run at 30 fps or 60?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 04:49
I assume 30, since thats what the original ran at.

Of course I may be wrong, the one to ask would be Adam Doree.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 6/18/2004 4:50:37 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 05:16
I assume it is the game engine, and I said " could have been" rendered at that angle to make it look the best. One thing is certain and that' s that those angles were chosen specifically because they look good. Why not show it from the gamer' s perspective, then? And how can a grainy internet video shot with a low res DV camcorder (sorry Terry) compare with a screenshot with a resolution of 1024x768 (which the game will NOT run at, btw. So that means the screens were rendered just for those pics. The Xbox can do 960x720.). I don' t want to see 3rd person perspectives of crap I' ll never see in game. I want to see what I' ll be seeing when I play the game. I want truth in advertising!

I just noticed that Vin Deisel' s mouth is about two feet in front of the rest of his face.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/17/2004 11:18:16 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 05:19

I want truth in advertising!

hehe, That should be the new Square Enix advertising campaign.

Square Enix: Truth in advertising.

Then they show nothing but CG cutscenes of their games ;)
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 13:20
I agree with Joe, for the most part.

I don' t doubt the game will be great, though. Questioning that is probably pointless.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 6/18/2004 1:21:12 PM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 15:09
Really, there is no point in arguing whether the game is going to be good just b/c the screenshots are taken to look good. Who wouldn' t want their game to look as good as possible in screenshots?

Can' t wait for this game, I' m picking up an xbox in the next month or 2
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 18, 2004 20:21
Find the most recent videos from E3, the screens definately are as good as the game. The demo is played through first person, showing a lot of detail in how stuff can be destroyed. I also want to believe that the game will be running faster, at least it looked like it was running better that 30 from that demo. Of course that was an online level so it was probably tone downed a little to make things run smoother.
destrosio

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 21, 2004 22:08
hey joe...i know exactly how you feel about that...usually the videogames cut-scenes,being non-interactive,benefit by graphics improvement compared to gameplay details level....but how this belongs to gt4 replays since these are only player' s performances recordings....and therefore the details are exactly the same of the gameplay graphics...?....anyway compliments for your avatar ....i consider mr suzuki such a damn genius!!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 23, 2004 02:14

I assume 30, since thats what the original ran at.

Of course I may be wrong, the one to ask would be Adam Doree.

It runs at rock solid 60. Much improved over the original in that respect.

It really does look as good as in these screens, with the obvious exception of the screen resolution, which I agree is misleading, but publishers provide such hi-res screens as they look better in printed magazines, and online too for that matter.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 6/23/2004 2:15:40 AM >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 23, 2004 13:46
Can' t wait for Halo 2. The screenshots are awesome and the game will be awesome! Already pre-bought mine.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 29, 2004 20:29
Takes my breath away. I know this is cliche' at this point, but i can still play halo and have a great time. When do preorders start for this" ???
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 29, 2004 20:49
They started quite a while ago, actually. EB already has thousands pre-ordered, I believe. You can also pre-order the Collectors Edition.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 29, 2004 22:23
I pre-bought my Halo 2 months ago at Toys ' R Us. When I go to pick it up on Nov 9th. they' ll give me a card to mail-in and receive a mini controller free. Can' t wait!
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Amazing New Halo 2 Screens - Jun 29, 2004 22:48
I can' t wait for this game either, but I wont be pre-ordering it as I want to see which stores offer the best incentives, and which stores will really fulfill my preorder! Some just do preorders to show off to their boss' s, and dont care about the customers at all.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll