Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 APPLESEED (ANIME)
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
APPLESEED (ANIME) - Jul 14, 2004 18:41
Appleseed Anime
3D live anime goes worldwide.

June 21, 2004 - Anime enthusiasts outside of Japan have been anticipating Appleseed (dig the trailer below) for a while, and now they won' t have to wait much longer. Geneon Entertainment has announced that they' ve acquired worldwide distribution and home video rights to the film, outside of Japan and Korea. The company has plans to release the film in North America late this summer.

Appleseed, directed by Shinji Aramaki (Bubblegum Crisis), was released in Japan earlier this year. It' s based on a manga story by Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell).

The film has a unique visual style that was created using a hybrid of CG-animation, traditional 2-D character animation and motion capture technology.

Geneon head honcho Yosuke Kobayashi said, " Long before its debut during the American Film Market in February, the buzz about Appleseed has grown at a rapid rate. The animation style is like none other, and anime gurus, curious fans and general audiences will be attracted to this amazing sci-fi adventure."

The story is set in the year 2131, after most of the world has been devastated. Humankind is at war with the bioroids, a race of cybernetic pseudo-clones designed to aid humans in domestic capacities. But ideological conflict gives way to aggression and the hope of peaceful coexistence is shattered.

The film' s hot visuals are accompanied by some hot music, as the soundtrack features a mix of tunes from around the globe, including new tracks by Japanese artists Boom Boom Satellites, world-renowned DJ/producer Paul Oakenfold, Ryuichi Sakamoto and Basement Jaxx.
(IGN.COM)

Quicktime Trailer.
http://www.apple.co.jp/quicktime/trailers/appleseed_large.aspx

Official Website.
http://a-seed.jp/index2.aspx
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: APPLESEED (ANIME) - Jul 14, 2004 21:07
I love this kind of stuff. I look forward to it' s release.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: APPLESEED (ANIME) - Jul 15, 2004 18:48
Is this by chance based nething on the origional anime of the same name? It was one of the 1st animes I watched.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll