Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 owners share some info like ...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
360 owners share some info like ... - Dec 11, 2005 10:09
Hey
The hype is gone and some of you have those white boxes at home.

There are many mixed opinions on sites all over net so maybe you as users can say something about stuff like :

1 The Noise Issue
2 The Heat of both system and powerbrick
3 The way you see it (I mean the looks) comparing to photos (smaller , bigger , nicer and stuff)
4 Some problems if you' ve encountered any
5 One or two things that' ve impressed you the most

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 360 owners share some info like ... - Dec 11, 2005 10:48
1) its a bit noisy, but when playing a game, and the sound is on, you dont notice it at all.

2) Its suprisingly cool, both of the boxes, so thats a plus!

3) It looks great, way better than any console before it, and i have no problem hiding the powersuply away.

4) No problems at all, just a perfect gaming machine

5) Im impressed by the detail when playing on a HDTV, its amazing, especialy Kameo, it looks just insane. And im pleasently surprised by all the´games i got: Kameo, PDZ, Condemned, and PGR3. I can only recommend all of them. Especially condemned!!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 360 owners share some info like ... - Dec 11, 2005 15:09
1 Slightly louder than a regular xbox, I never hear it though because its right next to my pc.
2 Don' t ever have problems with the heat of the system or powerbrick. But the game discs are hot when I take them out. Its not like you are gonna get burnt or anything though.
3 It looks awesome, way cooler than any other console. I keep mine standing vertically, otherwise I wouldn' t have enough room for it. I thought it would be a problem putting in discs but they stay in and there is no problem.
4 Haven' t had any problems with mine.
5 Xbox live arcade and the xbox live market place impressed me the most. It is really nice being able to download demos and trial games. Also download high def movie trailers is sweet too.
How much better things look in high def is really impressive, the games are jawdropping and the movies on the hard drive are awesome. It is also sweet being able to use all of the music on my computer and pictures on my computer to play in games. I can' t wait to get vista or media center xp so I can stream high def videos.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: 360 owners share some info like ... - Dec 11, 2005 15:26
1. Noisy. I' m not going to lie, sure if you turn your volume up you don' t notice it, but turn your volume all the way down like say during a load screen, or if you have to play witht the sound off cause your baby girl is sleeping, it' s a bit of a wind tunnel.

2. Never touch the brick just cause it' s in the back, but my system doesn' t get to hot. I give it lot' s of space, so the flat top and the two sides are never hot. Put your hand on the back after playing a 360 game for an hour, and you' ll feel quite a bit of heat, though nothing alarming.

3. Not shiny enough.

4. NOT the perfect gaming machine(I' ve yet to meet one), but I don' t have any of the major problems that are being reported. Some regular X-BOX games that are compatible don' t emulate perfectly, and the odd time I get a video sync issue, like the signal is lost for a 10th of a second (very rarely though).

5. Easily the most impressive thing is the user interface. The whole " blade" system and the interconectivity between PC/MP3/cameras is awesome.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: 360 owners share some info like ... - Dec 11, 2005 15:38
1 The Noise Issue: The fans inside are a bit loud but unless as already stated there is no noise coming from a game it' s not really annoying.

2 The Heat of both system and powerbrick: Funnily it' s not something I' ve noticed. My 360 is on a desk next to my TV and I don' t go feeling it for heat. The power ' brick' is also tucked under the table out of the way.

3 The way you see it: It' s bigger than I thought it would be, damn heavy too. personally I think it looks very sexy. I' ve mine stood up and unlike the PS2 the 360 doesn' t look like it will topple over

4 Some problems if you' ve encountered any: It' s frozen up once but I was doing a lot of things at once... playing music off the hard drive, watching gotham tv, checking someone’s gamertag and trying to close and open the dashboard. Also one of the Achievements on Kameo hasn' t unlocked meaning I' m 100 points down.

5 One or two things they’ve impressed you the most: How sophisticated it is. It sits there looking sexy and basically makes your life easy. Xbox live is better than I thought, wireless joypads are cool. The fact I can turn the console on and off with the joypad is ace. Being able to download demos and trailers rules, listening to your MP3 player while watching a picture slideshow from your digital camera, talking with the microphone to someone on the other side of the world...

... the games look good too.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 360 owners share some info like ... - Dec 12, 2005 06:45
Thanks a lot guys
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 12 Dec 05 14:46:04 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages