Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 Launch: UK & Europe
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 8 of 10, messages 141 to 160 of 193
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 05:21
That' s daft.

I mean, you said it' s souless and doesn' t know what it wants to be. Well since this is the 5th iteration of the series, it' s probably supposed to be what it is.

It' s a good game that obviously isn' t for you. I definately like it, and Gotham TV is genius!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 05:35

I mean, you said it' s souless and doesn' t know what it wants to be. Well since this is the 5th iteration of the series, it' s probably supposed to be what it is.

Yeah, and ive got a good few words to describe what it is

Nahh, what it is, im a real Fussy git when it comes to games nowerdays.. any little thing would really put me off ..

A good example what im like is when i first played the Kameo demo..

My observation test 1 was the graphics and framerate and it passed nicely, very smooth, nice textures and deep vibrant colors.

Then i ' very slowly' moved the analogue pad to see how character responded with my thumb motions.

From ' creeping' to ' running' , i noticed she had 5 layers/stages movement and that certainly was a pass for me..

I look out for little anal things like that.. lol
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 23 Feb 06 21:38:36 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 05:48
My friend said;" Get PDZ you might be dissapointed but seeing how you not like fighting games so much,and you wanna get friends over XBL before games like ghost recon,it might be a good idea,plus we can play some co-op + mp.
If you buya doa4 you will just lose online,and its nothing more then a show off for your system,and btw you can always dl the demo of pgr3 later...

BTw just so people did not get it,im just gonna buy 1 game tomorrow,the 2nd game i will buy will be ghost recon,so basically i pre order it in the store while i buy pdz...

Pdz looked medicore for me and doa4 looked more intresting but my friend decied for me now... :O
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 05:58

To me it' s (takes a very deep breath).. A souless does not know what the hell its wants to be half-the-framerate medicore racing game..

That' s what I' d say about PGR2 since I haven' t played PGR3 yet.I have to admit however that great visuals and fun career mode kept me hooked and I finished PGR2.

PGR1 was just crap for me and Metropolis Street racer - I hate this game.

5th iteration? MSR,PGR,PGR2,PGR3

the 5th is yet to come - or did I miss something?
Nitro

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 06:07
4th, my bad.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 06:26
I actually wrote that cause I really thought I' ve missed one :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 23 Feb 06 22:26:38 >
Nitro

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 06:29
For some reason i thought for a second there was a second Metropolis Street Racer. Why didn' t you like it?!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 06:36
PGR3 seems to cater well to a certain group of gamers. The fans that like their racing to look real, and drive convincingly enough but not too hard. So you get the cool in-car view and bumps of the camera, even though there are no bumps in the road. You know what I mean?

So racing-wise they made the game exactly what they wanted it to be, it' s just that if you' re more of a sim fan it only seems semi-realistic, and if you' re more of an arcade fan it' s just boring. If you' re a mixed sim/arcade fan (like me), then it just seems confused.

For me, the sp racing is fairly straight forward and not very challenging, but the the online game is loads of fun, since the ease of driving makes for some close races. But again, there are no lap times cos it' s not that kind of game, only Kudos and " TruSkill" , which isnt really a perfect representation of your true skill since you tend to get shafted a lot during races! So there' s no competition really just fun, and I tend to stick to ' Playtime' mostly with ppl I know.

Gotham TV: Noone I' ve asked on Live actually watches Gotham TV. Although my ego likes the idea of being on it myself I don' t suppose anyone watches me race. I reckon for Gotham TV to be more interesting, there needs to be longer and more interesting race sessions where there' s more at stake. Imo it' d be great to know (on the Gotham TV selection screen itself) who' s actually good, if there are any long standing rivalries/friends worth watching, who has the best/cleanest/most overtaking records...they should have planned races with before and after chat, and well known competitors like Bill Gates playing every so often (!) Also they should have an indicator of who' s watching you, and the ability for ppl to rate your entertainingness etc etc.

My major gripes: The league system sucks. And the only 360 achievement worth having (the ' online professional' ) in PGR3 doesn' t even work! The avoid player option doesnt work very well. There should be an achievement for keeping your collisions per race to a minimum. And there should be a voteban/kick in the online career too, as well as a mute function in race for those drunk ' griefers' along with a message saying they' ve been kicked/muted so they get the message! Also I dont know how they forgot to put in a function so you can know who is talking during a race.

But anyway, after all that, I do often still go back for some more of it on Live!

(Oops, sry long post! :P)
< Message edited by choupolo -- 23 Feb 06 22:59:34 >
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 06:39
Pgr3/Doa4 is not only great games in their own genre,they are something to show off your new xbox360 to friends and family...
keiser

• Total Posts : 69
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 23:07
i like games like pgr3 cause you can just pick it up for 10 mins and have a good mess about.....it comes in handy when waiting for a takeaway to come,or waiting for your girlfriend to put her make up on, on a night out....and its somthing you can always replay and it looks awsome.....i love storys in games but i wouldnt chose to have a game like condemned or pdz for keeps cause it will just end up collecting dust on a shelf after you complete it......i always buy games complete them take them back get my money and buy a different game to play on for a week....endless games its ace........games like pgr3 and fifa i will buy to keep cause you can play it to death and enhance your skills and challenge your friends,thats my opinion anyways

any one know if pro evoloution soccer series is coming to 360?
Nitro

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 24, 2006 23:54

any one know if pro evoloution soccer series is coming to 360?

Yup!
keiser

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 25, 2006 00:15
YEAHH!! nice one,im happy now :)

thanks for filling me in on the info majic your a star
im gunna go get me one of them xbox live card thingys
ill see you online people.....what are your names online same as on here?
Nitro

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 25, 2006 00:43
I' ll be on as; Sundra6on, MAJIKDRA6ON or Angeldra6on

keiser, why don' t you juste set up another profile and get another month on Gold for nothing?! What' s the point of buying a card when you can get one later and have between now and then free?!
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 25, 2006 01:10
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/QuezcatoL/zero.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/QuezcatoL/360premium.jpg

Bought PDZ,play and charge and xbox360 premium package,the rest of my money i save for Ghost recon and if not oblivion work good enough on my PC.

gamertag:QUEZCATOL
keiser

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 25, 2006 01:42
yeah i forgot about that :)
nice one good idea...ill post my id when i sign up on live :)
happydays
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 26, 2006 23:48
...doppleganger...
keiser

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 27, 2006 18:39
yay!! i will be set up for xbox live on 1/3/06 cant wait is it any good?
never went on xbox live with the first xbox
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 27, 2006 19:02
Yeah,no kiddies who sings,or threat you irl or make dumb noices....not at all...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Feb 28, 2006 08:27
lol and it has done wonders for americo-european relations!
keiser

RE: 360 Launch: UK & Europe - Mar 08, 2006 17:23
yes....nearly friday lokking forward to playing fightnight and graw
the release dates aint gunna slip are they?
whens oblivion coming out (uk) anyone know?
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 8 of 10, messages 141 to 160 of 193

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message