Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2 Dozen Bombers Sent to Guam - Striking Distance of N. Korea
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
2 Dozen Bombers Sent to Guam - Striking Distance of N. Korea - Mar 06, 2003 16:59
Almost like a dog showing its teeth, the US deploys 12 B-12 bombers and and 12 B-1 bombers to Guam (which is within striking distance of N. Korea) in an effort the administration deems as a defensive tactic to dissuade N. Korea from taking advantage of the impending war in Iraq. Bush was also quoted as saying something along the lines of, " If diplomacy measures don' t work then military action is not out of the question, but we are certain diplomacy will work." Sorry I don' t have the exact quote, but I heard it on the radio. Maybe I' ll search the net a bit.

I think its good we are starting to take this N. Korea threat more seriously because the way I see it is that they' re the biggest threat to America, especially considering they are known to have weapons that can reach the continental shores.
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: 2 Dozen Bombers Sent to Guam - Striking Distance of N. Korea - Mar 06, 2003 17:10
Yeah, N. Korea is a nasty country. I always wondered why Bush isn' t paying much attention to Korea instead of Iraq. The way I see it, Korea is th bigger threat of the two. Iraq isn' t exactly doing anything wrong (except for the missiles of course.)
But Korea is actually making atomic bombs. They say thety dont but I' m sure they do. They' re the sneaks of the world.
Stimpy182

• Total Posts : 25
RE: 2 Dozen Bombers Sent to Guam - Striking Distance of N. Korea - Mar 06, 2003 21:55
Scary thing is, a few days ago N. Korea said firmly that if a war is started with them, it will end up being a globally devistating Nuclear war. They have the bombs and aren' t afraid to use them......they' re like a country of the criminally insane.
< Message edited by Stimpy182 -- 3/6/2003 5:55:54 PM >
HELLBENT

• Total Posts : 58
RE: 2 Dozen Bombers Sent to Guam - Striking Distance of N. Korea - Mar 07, 2003 18:20
Funny how everybody wants the U.S. to do something about N.Korea NOW that they are empowered with devistating weapons and are talking isht about using them. But here Bush is putting pressure on a country with a ruler who in the past has shown that he was attempting to aquire the same weapons and most likley would use them and he is catching flak.

N.Korea-disasterous proportions as a result of military action.[i.e. too damn late]

Iraq-potentially disasterous proportions if action isnt taken.

Its kinda too late for military action with N.Korea. Bush is trying to avoid this same scenario with Iraq and people think its all about oil.....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll