Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Death of the Modern Platformer
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
The Death of the Modern Platformer - Dec 27, 2006 02:08
I' ve been hunting around for a good platformer on the next-gen consoles, & then after about half an hour of searching, it struck me that there weren' t ANY good platformers for next gen systems.

Kameo hardly counts as amazing, it' s more action/combat oriented anyways, and Sonic blows big time. With Mario still (I' ll bet) quite a few months away, I' m left with shooters, sports/racing games, and a handful of mediocre RPG' s.

My question is, with all the advancements in graphics, has everybody forgotten about platforming fun? Even the Wii has very little in that department, and yeah I know it' s new, but unless you' re a die-hard Zelda fan, You' re pretty much left out in the cold.

I' ve actually turned back the clock a bit, and started buying up some of the gems I missed the first trip around. I' m picking up Sly 2 & 3 today, along with Rayman: 3, because I absolutely can' t find the PS2 version. (help anyone?) I' m just really disappointed in this generation' s performance in the platformer department. Anybody else feel the same?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll