Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rumor: Size Matters Ported to PS2?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Rumor: Size Matters Ported to PS2? - Dec 29, 2007 03:52

Not so long ago we mentioned a rumor that Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters might come from the PSP to the PS2 after it had appeared on GameStop' s website for $29.99 with a February 2008 ship date.

Now the plot thickens! While we' ve heard nothing official from Sony or Insomniac regarding the title, GameSpot has updated their page with box art. And even the ESRB has jumped on board by adding the title to their database.

While Size Matters may have induced my most heartbreaking gaming moment of 2007, it also gave me the best experience on the PSP this year. And the experience was complete enough to imagine it on a full-blown console.

I' m just curious—the PSP version of Size Matters used a larger Ratchet to make up for screen size. Will Insomniac tweak the perspective? The PS2' s beefier processing power should certainly support a wider level view and a smaller protagonist, so I' m guessing that they will. As for the brilliant " size matters" pun, that part might not translate so well.

It' d be nice for those not willing to invest in a PSP to play it awesomeness, but I' m worried that it' ' s going to fail as a port.

LINK
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Rumor: Size Matters Ported to PS2? - Dec 29, 2007 06:07
It upsets me that they are porting many of the best PSP games to the PS2.
Not that I have anything against more people enjoying the great games, but the appeal of the PSP will diminish if they continue as they do now.
The PS2 is old news and it has no problems with its user base or the current sales. As it is right now I think the two consoles might be cannibalising on each others software and hardware sales due to their share of titles, that is the ports.
They should focus on the present and the future, the PSP. The PS2 should be burried with the past.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Dec 07 22:12:20 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rumor: Size Matters Ported to PS2? - Dec 30, 2007 02:10
It' ll be interesting to see how well it sells though. I mean they' d be as well porting it to PS3 now that they have their engine in place...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rumor: Size Matters Ported to PS2? - Dec 30, 2007 02:41
Well... it' s not a racing spin off.

They' ve already got a strong fanbase, which makes me think it' s going to sell on name alone, regardless of if it' s not up to Insomniac' s usually very high standards.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Rumor: Size Matters Ported to PS2? - Dec 30, 2007 06:07

Insomniac' s usually very high standards.

Insomniac' s worst games are usually better than 90% of what the rest of the industry puts out though. I think Insomniac is overlooked in great dev. discussions.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll