Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gayest A.I
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
drew93084

• Total Posts : 114
Gayest A.I - Feb 27, 2003 20:50
I' m going to have to say Capcom fighting games

especially Super Street Fighter II
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Gayest A.I - Feb 27, 2003 20:53
I think that depends on your definition of " gayest."

Would that be akin to " cheesiest" ?
KK

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Gayest A.I - Feb 27, 2003 21:12
The only AI I can remember for having a fault is that in Mega Bomberman, where you could always lure an enemy bomberman into a corner, wait for them to drop a bomb and come closer, then run off and drop a bomb, trapping them. Most of the time they wouldn' t have kick/pick bomb to use.

Most other AI I' ve come across is just paths that the enemies follow without deviation, so they don' t count.
drew93084

RE: Gayest A.I - Feb 27, 2003 23:08
dumbest, cheesiest however you want to take it
MattThomas

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Gayest A.I - Feb 27, 2003 23:39
There are a ton of older games with incredibly retarded artificial intelligence scripts. However, I manage to forget about it and move on due to the fact that they are older products from an industry which wasn' t exactly all that advanced back in the day. What really gets to me are games like Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon. Hands down, the game features one of the worse artificial intelligence scripts found in a next-generation title. There is no excuse for enemies to walk around getting stuck in things, especially in a game for Xbox. I was so un-impressed after only 5 minutes that I decided to put the game away for a few days.

Halo, on the other hand, features one of the best artificial intelligence systems Ive ever witnessed in a video game. I hope developers learn from Bungie and follow in their footsteps.

That' s my two cents...
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: Gayest A.I - Feb 28, 2003 12:55
Probably South Park...
It' s IMO the only shooter that has enemies running STRAIGHT at you without doing ANYTHING else. Just running to a certain death. Pretty funny at first, but increasingly annoying at certain times.
Sonikles

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 02, 2003 00:54
I would have to say the Madden series. When u are winning by 7 points or the game is tied heading into the final minutes of the game the cpu will launch the ball downfield and make a miracle catch all the time no matter what. The onehanded catches get annoying [:' (] .
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 02, 2003 05:10
YES!!!

Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon has quite possibly the dumbest AI I' ve ever played against. I actually beat levels, WHOLE LEVELS MIND YOU, crouching and doing a punch. The dumbass AI just stood there and took the damage. I even beat bosses like that.

BTW on Madden being cheap...me doesn' t think so. If you hate Madden then you would really hate NFL2k3 which is by far the cheaper of the 2 games. I don' t recall seeing many one handed snags on Madden but it' s the opposite on 2k3. No matter how you catch the ball the receiver ALWAYS drops it if he is even just barely touched by the defensive player, even if he has been holding the ball a full second. No, Madden is not cheap...the cheapest thing about that is making us listen to Madden year in and year out.
Sonikles

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 02, 2003 22:33
I' m not saying it happens all the time but it happened more then once to me. I have Nfl2k3 and drops balls happen often unless u fool the cpu by mixing up ur plays. I have nothing against Madden except the cpu launching the ball downfield like a rocket and completing catches it should not make. Madden and 2k3 are to different great games which have problems I hope will be fixed for the 2004 season .
drew93084

RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 02, 2003 23:48
2K3 does drop a lot of balls unless the guy is open

also its too many money play...oes that work all of the time

the Defensive backs are damn near feeble minded

I have conquered most of its faults and got in the top 800 online
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 04, 2003 01:48
It' s a toss up between Metroid Prime and Splinter Cell for me.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 09, 2003 00:45
So drew what do you feel could improve the AI in Street Fighter? If you met the development team which are the elements you would change?
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Gayest A.I - Mar 09, 2003 00:47
Actually thinking further I thing Mario Kart has some suspect AI, some mental last lap action.
abecblader

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Gayest A.I - Jul 30, 2003 11:01
i agree with toast. mario kart 64 was plain unfair, being when you got in 1st place and you looked on the map and you saw all the computer cars going at double speed, to catch up with you. it was almost impossible to get away from the others cars.

Attached Image(s)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Gayest A.I - Jul 30, 2003 15:38
If you want a game with A.I. that will kick your a$$ give the arcade version of Super Street Fighter II: Turbo a try ;)
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Gayest A.I - Jul 30, 2003 17:45
Art Of Fighting 2 on Neo Geo. It' s not only cheap but damn is it Gay. The CPU is bloody impossible to beat if you try and play without being cheap yourself. To be honest I' ve never encountered a more frustraiting 2D fighter.

As for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I find that to be a walk in the park. Then again I do play sh*t loads of SNK games. Plus I play so many Capcom fighters the challenge (except for very hard modes) is pretty weak these days. Although when I first played SSF2T it back in 1994 with the arcade stick, yes, I did get beat early on. Today only SNK bosses kick my ass.

Once you learn their patterns though, it' s no prob showing them how it' s done. Still SNK has the cheapest most annoying boss A.I
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Gayest A.I - Jul 30, 2003 18:26
Super Street Fighter II: Turbo is my all time FAVORITE Capcom fighting game! For various reasons including that I find it to be the most difficult of all the Street Fighters.

I plunked down so much money into the Coin-Op versions, totally love the game! The console conversions are ok, but nothing matches the Arcade experience.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Gayest A.I - Jul 31, 2003 18:46
Your right about the arcade thing, thats exactly the reason why I bought the Neo Geo AES system. Nothing beats the experience.

Oh, my favourite Capcom fighting game of all time has to be Street Fighter Alpha 2 followed closely also by SSF2T.

Plus I found another example of sucky A.I: King Of Fighters 95. It' s not only unfair the CPU can drain more energy using special moves than you can using them. It has to be the worst balanced and tested KOF. Thankfully it looks very good.
dazzles

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Gayest A.I - Aug 04, 2003 09:38
even the best racing games usually have totally gay AI. Gran Turismo and Moto GP are both excellent games but the computer racers just follow one line and go around the track in a big long gay snake formation it destroys the realism. Hopefully the next GT will put an end to that
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gayest A.I - Nov 19, 2003 12:43
I really hate the A.I. in most games. There are a few games with good A.I. I can think of right now. Halo, Rainbow Six 3(Xbox). As for the gayest A.I., I would say Kung Fu Chaos. Don' t get me wrong, I love the game, but only on 4 player. The CPU is too easy, even on hard. And I love Super Smash Bros. Melee, but the A.I. suck on it too.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message