Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 " It' s five times bigger this time."
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
" It' s five times bigger this time." - May 20, 2008 07:14
...Says Cliff Blezinski.

Epic' s big sequel Gears of War 2, which almost cracked a grin from Tomonobu Itagaki during the Xbox spring showcase last week, is " fives times bigger" on the action front.

Advertisement:
Click Here!
That' s according to exceedingly efficient interviewee Cliff Bleszinski, who says that the second game shows just how much " smoother" the Unreal Engine has gotten.

" [Unreal Engine has] never stopped evolving," Cliff told CVG in San Francisco last week. " The character lighting is vastly improved, the environment is chippable and the tress get knocked down as physics objects.

" There' s just so much shit going on, it' s five times bigger this time. I think it shows the engines got smoother."

Admittedly, what we saw of Gears 2 was very impressive indeed (read the eyes-on report if you haven' t already) - and it' s definitely a shed-load louder than the first, with massive ' derricks' rolling through lush meadow environments, and the gigantic Brumack exploding from the ground to trample on Marcus and Co.

But just how has Epic managed to stick so much more action on screen? It' s not as if Gears 1 was dragged out...

" It' s sheer hard work, a lot of practice, having artists that are smart with where they spend their polygons and just getting the most out of the 360," says Cliffy B.

" Because it' s not as if the 360' s getting any better, it is what it is; a fixed platform. The mountain needs to go to Mohammad in this instance."

Look for the full Cliffy B transcript on CVG shortly.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: " It' s five times bigger this time." - May 20, 2008 19:10

The mountain needs to go to Mohammad in this instance.

What does he mean by this?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: " It' s five times bigger this time." - May 20, 2008 19:19

That the xbox 360 isnt going to change just because he' d like it to, he must adapt the game to the 360.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: " It' s five times bigger this time." - May 20, 2008 19:25

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

That the xbox 360 isnt going to change just because he' d like it to, he must adapt the game to the 360.

He knows what cliff meant .. The fanboy in him wants to make it sound as if it is a diss on the 360 ..
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: " It' s five times bigger this time." - May 21, 2008 01:38
I think we get the idea that Gears 2 will be " bigger and better" Cliff.

Eventually his interviews will reduce to this:

" So Cliffy hows Gears 2 coming along"
" Well, its bigger and better"
" ...............Great!"
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: " It' s five times bigger this time." - May 22, 2008 07:08

He knows what cliff meant .. The fanboy in him wants to make it sound as if it is a diss on the 360 ..

Thanks for the trust. No i really did NOT know what he meant by this and i just want to know what he means. Did i mention the game? Nope. Is it forbidden for me to browse 360 games threads now? This whole fanboy thing is getting annoying.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll