Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 09, 2007 19:23
http://gear.ign.com/articles/753/753710p1.aspx

" I have heard many people say our competitors' systems are just as powerful as the PS3. That simply is not true," said Hirai

Then show that in any game or any test that isnt made by sony like in e3 2005.

" I have heard people say that a high-capacity game delivery vehicle like Blu-ray isn' t necessary in a next generation computer entertainment system. You just can' t expect that 9GBs of storage capacity found on today' s DVDs are going to have enough space to hold tomorrow' s games."

Hirai said that PS3 titles like Resistance: Fall of Man already utilize some 16GBs of storage space on Blu-ray Disc. " That game simply wouldn' t be possible on any other system without using multiple discs."

Okay,explain Oblivion.

Explain why a great game like GoW works?

We all know I-8 isn' t a much longer SP game then GoW,so what is in I-8?

Paddling?

hahahahaha.

" A worldwide launch for any console is quite ambitious. In fact, it has never been done before.

hahahahaha!

No,it has,but you were the only ones who failed.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 9 Jan 07 11:31:14 >
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 09, 2007 20:50
Truly.....Kaz can be really funny
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 09, 2007 20:59
90% of the time these execs have their jobs because they understand the buisness politics and they can bullshit their way to the top. None of these execs care about the technology, and they couldn' t be bothered to learn about what they represent. They' re all so used to talking out of their ass that they don' t even know when they' re saying the truth.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 09, 2007 22:05

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

90% of the time these execs have their jobs because they understand the buisness politics and they can bullshit their way to the top. None of these execs care about the technology, and they couldn' t be bothered to learn about what they represent. They' re all so used to talking out of their ass that they don' t even know when they' re saying the truth.

Exactly , We should just ignore everything that Sony execs say .. All they are trying to do is mislead the casual gamers ... I remember before the release of ps2 the hype they were spilling ... I love my ps2 but the emotion engine crap was too much .. All these comments do is to give the critics more ammo .. I mean come on without Mr.Kaz here how would Quez get an opportunity to dis the ps3 every single day
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 00:58
sony have allways been good for a laugh!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 03:11
He' s just doing his job. He gets paid whatever he gets paid to NOT be objective like some of us. The stuff he does is funny, and most of it is innacurate, but is it any more outrageous than a 50-something balding man jumping up and down on stage with a 360 controller in his hand?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 03:17

but is it any more outrageous than a 50-something balding man jumping up and down on stage with a 360 controller in his hand?

Yeah! it is

MS hasnt been caught in as direct lies as most of the sony execs. Sony' s top is filled with incompetent people and the board knows it, hence the rearrange meant back in 06!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 03:20
I' d say Sony has the smartest people because they know most people in the world are f***ing stupid so they say whatever they want.
MS on the other hand actually thinks people have some intelligence and treats us like we' re smart. But that doesn' t work. Because most of us are stupid. That' s why the Playstation is selling so well.
So the Sony guys know what they' re doing.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 9 Jan 07 19:21:01 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 03:51

ORIGINAL: ginjirou
Because most of us are stupid.

Speak for urself dude ..
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 04:03

I' d say Sony has the smartest people because they know most people in the world are f***ing stupid so they say whatever they want.
MS on the other hand actually thinks people have some intelligence and treats us like we' re smart. But that doesn' t work. Because most of us are stupid. That' s why the Playstation is selling so well.
So the Sony guys know what they' re doing.

I hate that your right!

Im the only sane person left!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 05:06

but is it any more outrageous than a 50-something balding man jumping up and down on stage with a 360 controller in his hand?

Yeah! it is

MS hasnt been caught in as direct lies as most of the sony execs. Sony' s top is filled with incompetent people and the board knows it, hence the rearrange meant back in 06!
I' m not saying that what they' re doing is cool. I' m just as ticked at their recent debacle as anybody else, but what I' m saying is that you can' t really blame him for trying to sell his box.

You can blame him (and the rest of the six digit SCE employees) for directly lying to the public & playing the market for fools. (A role we rose graciously to the occasion I might add)

Certain people needed to be potty-trained at gunpoint, y' know?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 05:50

That' s why the Playstation is selling so well.

Have you been to a store recently?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Kaz Hirai is sometimes funny... ^^ - Jan 10, 2007 06:10
I think the quote button is broken, or at least its not working as it should.

Anyways, I' ve only been interested in watching the nature and behaviour of the companies this past year or two as the newer consoles were being launched. Here' s my take on the execs in the three corporations.

Nintendo is probably the most normal, the people in charge do what you would expect from a corporation that manufacures gaming hardware. Nintendo has a good system. People there actually seem to like their jobs and care about their work.

Sony execs are just full of shit. They don' t care about Playstation, they don' t give a fuck about the gamers and they sure as hell don' t care about the well being of Sony (as long as it doesn' t affect themselves). Consequentely they' re just not fucking good at their jobs. They' re supposed to represent a product and defend it. They don' t, because it seems like we know more then they do about the hardware and games. Ken is a good example, but Kaz is another fuckup.

Microsoft operates with a similar mentality as Sony (corporation wise), the idea of expanding the market into new venues. The glaring difference is that Microsoft execs are not buisness criminals. Say what you want about Windows but the fact is that Bill Gates is a genius, he knows his shit. He' s a software guy, that' s his passion and he' s very good at it. He just happens to be a cunning buisness man at the same time. The result is that higher ups in Microsoft are not mearly buisness con men but also experts in their field. One of the ways MS crushes their competition in the software industry is that they buy all the talent from the other guys. So MS actually has the most of the smart people working for them. Microsoft simple doesn' t hire mindless buisness criminals they only hire world class experts in software and hardware.

I found an interview recently of Bill gates and five reporters from places like Engadget and Gizmodo are grilling him on any topic in the electronic entertainment industry. He didn' t come witha prepared speach or anything, it' s very candid. He was just giving his thoughts on topics that they brought up. A few times Bill just made they look stupid despite the fact that they had time to prepare the questions.

http://www.kotaku.com/?refId=227207

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message