Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero - Apr 18, 2007 21:57
Well it' s been out two days now, and for me it' s much better than I was expecting.

It' s actually different again to previous albums and has a very minimalist techno (warp records etc) feel and Mr Reznor seems to have abonded much of the heavier guitar stylings from previous albums. It' s also very very noisy and I like the more traditional industrial element. I can understand the slower pace pissing off many NIN fans, but it' s certainly not mellow or selling out. In many ways this is Nine Inch Nails most experimental and adventurous album to date.

Some friends really don' t like it, but I think it' s much better than With Teeth-AH. There aren' t too many stand out tracks but the album as a whole works extremely well. Nice one Trent!

I was going to post this in listening too... but everyone likes a bit of NIN and this deserves it' s own thread.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero - Apr 18, 2007 22:06
Everywhere i go i hear ' Just Like You Imagined' because it' s in 300...[:' (]

I love the song but i' ve been listening to it for years. Hearing people talking about the " new" song from " some band" used in " that" movie is annoying...

I liked ' With Teeth' , specifically ' Getting Smaller' and ' The Hand That feeds' , so i' ll definitely be checking out the new album. But meh, no heavy guitars?

I' ll pick it up in a couple of hours and praise or slate it here later...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero - Apr 20, 2007 02:51
I love the way you can listen to the whole album on their website for free.

But I' ll be picking up the album in the next couple of days too. Love ' Survivalism' . Went to see them in Nottingham a few weeks ago, and when they played that song, they played it heavier on purpose, and the whole arena erupted! It was awesome.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero - Apr 23, 2007 02:08
I' ve had the cd since it leaked weeks ago. I' ll be buying it soon. It' s a good cd. Not amazing but damn good. I feel it' s a little too poppy in some songs and that just doesn' t fit well with some of the others.

" Survivalism" , " The Warning" (my personal favorite on the cd), " God Given" , and " The Great Destroyer" I think are the best songs on the cd. I wish " The Warning" and " The Great Destroyer" were a bit more developed though. With " The Warning" going straight into the repetitious ending happens just a little too soon. I wish the would have been another verse. " The Great Destroyer" suffers from the same problem. It has two quick verses and then just goes into a long break down. During the whole break down I' m just waiting for the chorus to play just one more time and I think it would make the song better if it did. Those to songs are easily my favorites on the cd but they could have been pushed a little further.

I' ve never been a huge NIN fan but have been getting into it recently. I' ve found that Trent seems to suffer from the having a handful of great songs but plenty of filler (though better filler than most bands).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll