Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 01:26
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 01:32
Plain stupidity
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 03:18
It was inevitable. Its too easy for kids to steal what they want online. You' d have to be pretty motivated I guess to get it to work on your 360, so this won' t make much of a dent in sales!

The initial gameplay footage looks worryingly samey on the other hand. I imagined GTAIV was going to be less cartoony and more life-sim like. Feels much the same as San Andreas from the vids, but its not like its going to stop me from buying it!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 03:26

The initial gameplay footage looks worryingly samey on the other hand. I imagined GTAIV was going to be less cartoony and more life-sim like. Feels much the same as San Andreas from the vids, but its not like its going to stop me from buying it!

I like the style it look much closer to the style they use on the box art.

With all the pre-orders it has I' m sure its safe regardless.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 25 Apr 08 19:27:15 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 08:47
I' m playing it on Monday.

Or, at least, I' ll see it being played. I might have to shake some fools down for a controller. Not that I condone piracy of a good game. I' ll be buying a copy, but if offered, I can' t resist an early sneak peek at something this sexy.

To anybody considering it, if you' re going to download this thing, make sure you go out and get a real copy as soon as it' s available. Oh, and stay off line too, MS and Rockstar are in a tizzy.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 17:38
It doesn' t matter. 99% of the people downloading will buy the game anyways. That' s how fucking good it is. Even the piraters are telling people to buy it.

NEXT TUESDAY BITCHES!
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 21:39
Got my copy today, been playing with a friend for an hour now. Liberty City looks fantastic.

We' re a bit worried about about going online before Tuesday, anyone know if it' s safe to do so?

PS we all bought it, no piracy for us :)
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 26, 2008 23:51

It doesn' t matter. 99% of the people downloading will buy the game anyways. That' s how ***ing good it is. Even the piraters are telling people to buy it.

Doubt it. People say they' re going to buy it on comment pages and forum threads, but most people I know end up buying something else. If you pirate 360 games, it doesn' t make sense to spend $60 on a game you' ve already got, especially with the amount of decent titles on the 360 right now.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 27, 2008 00:37
you can' t play online if it' s pirated.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 27, 2008 01:10
People have already been playing online legit, the gamertag site is full of people that have been online playing (I would assume they are legit.)
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 27, 2008 03:15
It could be legit copies of the game sold early... Apparently it happened in Australia and England
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 27, 2008 04:04

you can' t play online if it' s pirated.

Unless there' s some new development piracy I' m not aware of, you can stealth flash your firmware and play anything on line. You still run a risk, but you run a worse one having the game online before street date than you do having a pirated copy.

Edit: I may have misunderstood you. The file' s 6 or so gigs, but Rockstar claims it just barely fits on a DVD. Did the multiplayer get ripped in the pre-release pirates?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Apr 08 20:08:03 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 27, 2008 10:33

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Unless there' s some new development piracy I' m not aware of, you can stealth flash your firmware and play anything on line. You still run a risk, but you run a worse one having the game online before street date than you do having a pirated copy.

Edit: I may have misunderstood you. The file' s 6 or so gigs, but Rockstar claims it just barely fits on a DVD. Did the multiplayer get ripped in the pre-release pirates?

Compression. Split a rar file into multiple pieces and you can usually save a heap of space. Uncompressed it' d probably come to around 8 gigs.

I' d say the amount of piracy on 360 is negligible anyway. Firmware hacks are not for noobs (you have to know what you' re doing unless you want to brick your drive) and even then there' s a good chance that by using one with Live, you' ll get a banned box. I wouldn' t put any money on a stealth mod being reliable. Even if you do get past these hurdles, actually using a " backup" game in a 360 is not as simple as burning it to a disc either. Overall it' s still an ugly and problematic hack.

Personally I hope that firmware hacks are eventually phased out by some updated engineering from Microsoft. They only help piracy and stifle the development of homebrew.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: GTA now on torrent sites surprise surprise - Apr 27, 2008 18:46

ORIGINAL: alijay034

People have already been playing online legit, the gamertag site is full of people that have been online playing (I would assume they are legit.)

Is this why I keep getting friend requests and mail from strangers? Can you forward me the link dude?

You guys will enjoy it. Unless you don' t like GTA4.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll