Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 20:49
IGN
1UP

The video looks awesome , the animations have improved drastically and the environments are beautiful . Things are shaping up nicely .
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 21:39
Good for SK then. Instead of making a shit game and blaming it on Epic/etc, it looks like they' re actually putting out something decent. Guess they do have something to prove after all.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 21:43
I don' t see the appeal to this game its seems boring. Its like it cant decide what type of game it is and not excelling in any particular area.

I was seeing a bit of mass effect and devil may cry with neither aspect looking interesting.

2pac

RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 21:57
Its not for everyone . I love it . If u liked diablo then u will definitely should like this plus this has an awesome story ...
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 22:15

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Its not for everyone . I love it . If u liked diablo then u will definitely should like this plus this has an awesome story ...

Thats weird i love Diablo 2,druids rock, hmmmm maybe i should give this game a chance.

I need MANA!!!!!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 22:29
I watched the new trailers up on Gametrailers last night and i' m still really unimpressed. Certain aspects look fantastic (art direction, architecture & level design etc) but most of it just looks lame.

I' ll probably pick it up anyway but i don' t expect to be blown away.
2pac

RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 23:35
I agree its not perfect , but the game is still under dev . The small things should be ironed out . The problem is that not much is known about too human . Normally , we keep on gettin these updated looks at a game throughout its developement cycle and we have general idea about what the game is all about . With too human we had no info whatsoever . Lots of people thought it is an action game on the lines of dmc r gow , those people would naturally be disappointed cos too human is an rpg at heart . I really hope the game is good and sells well . It looks awesome .
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 16, 2007 23:59
Yeah, but why not go the extra mile and flesh out the combat system? The simple fact that there' s no jump will be enough to wind some people up. I know it' s an rpg but i don' t see why it has to feature watered down combat mechanics and what i fully expect to be shockingly dumb AI.
2pac

RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 17, 2007 00:42
I see what you mean . If the combat was deep , this would have been a even better game and yeah the lack of jump is going to give the critics a reason to bash the game . I guess we wont find out whether it makes much of a difference till we get to play it .But i dont expect the demo to come out anytime soon . The last thing SK want now is more bashing .
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 17, 2007 02:57

There’s a fairly steep learning curve to Too Human, but those willing to give up the camera control reins will adapt to the control scheme in a few minutes. In its current state, Too Human could use a small amount of balancing and some framerate tweaks, but other than these few issues, SK’s long-awaited 360 title is rock solid. The mixture of classic melee and modern ranged weapons is exciting when concentrating on the third-person action aspect of Too Human. Regardless of if you are into Norse mythology or not, the tie-ins work here too, especially when peppered with the sci-fi punk aspects of Too Human’s futuristic elements.

from teamxbox hands on!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 17, 2007 03:17
I have had my hopes up for this game for quite a long time now, and I am pleasantly surprised as to what SK have shown us here. Graphically the game is shaping up very nicely. However, 2 things have me concerned about Too Human. The first will be what has been brought up already, and that would be the combat. I have to agree that the combat looks very bland, hack n slash like. I was hoping that the combat in this game would be more of the likes of Devil May Cry, or God Of War, but it just looks like SK is going for a very bland hack n slash with some RPG elements. I mean, what does the skill tree matter when all it looks like you have to do in combat is button mash.

Anyway, my second worry for this game is the camera. I know that in the hands on they do say that the camera is looking good, but I do worry as to how well it will work once the game is released next year.
2pac

RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 17, 2007 10:48
Stop expecting a dmc or gow like combat system from this game . How many times has it been said that its not that kind of a game . It would be very difficult to have combat like those games for a game like this .
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 17, 2007 21:05
Ok first I would like to say that even though this isn' t a gow type game they could have flushed out the combat system and made it better. You say it is like Diablo, but does that mean there will be magic and quests, because it looks rather like gow where you just fight and fight until you get to a cutscene were you fight before doing a puzzle so you can fight some more(don' t get me wrong I love gow but it definitely isn' t and rpg). I think this game looks good and I want to customize my character and replace body parts, but I am looking forward to other games much more then this.

canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 18, 2007 00:32
Ok, even if the combat is supposed to be like Diablo, it is very clear that the combat so far in Too Human is neither Diabloesque or anything like GOW or Devil May Cry. The combat so far is just your run of the mill hack n slash with a shitload of items to be picked up.

Now, if SK want to make this game as deep as an RPG as they want, they will need to change the combat before the game is released because the combat in this game does not match the RPG elements to this game at all and that is what will end up making this game suck monkey balls if it stays the same come the release.
2pac

RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 18, 2007 00:37
So Diablo had a very deep combat system huh ? The combat in too human is simplistic , i am not denying that . Instead of pressing a button u use the analog stick . I dont see the problem , its something different thats all . I doubt we will see an rpg with deep combat system like gow or dmc , atleast this generation we wont .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 17 Oct 07 16:42:30 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 18, 2007 00:39
Have people seen more videoes than me? I have no clue how combat is going to work from what iv seen.

The people who' ve played it says its great, ill trust those as a starter and wait for a review!
2pac

RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 18, 2007 01:12

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Have people seen more videoes than me? I have no clue how combat is going to work from what iv seen.

The people who' ve played it says its great, ill trust those as a starter and wait for a review!

Finally , some too human love . All the previews clearly say that the combat works well . It needs getting used to but it works . I believe thats a positive and the game is still almost a year from release .
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Too Human hands on and yes it kicks ass - Oct 18, 2007 01:20
Looks better than HS and SC: Legends.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages