Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Greatest developer of all time.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 06:27
Who do you guys think it is? Could be a team that' s still making games or not.
peacegamer

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 06:41
I would say hideo kojima for always trying to create new ways to interact with the gamer and to make the videogame industry evolve.
Then I could say Yu Suzuki for his exceptional creations (above all shenmue) and his attention to detail.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 06:48
I say hirnobuo Sakaguchi,not only did he create squaresoft,he is also behind the man Final Fantasy,Chrono serie and games like xenogear,parasite eve,vagrant story etc.

Yes he wasn' t envolved so much in every game made by sqauarsoft,but him who had to pay for ideas and hire right people and look at his former company today?.
He made squaresoift into one of the biggest companies ever.

Adnd yes,he also made them almost go bankrupt with his Final Fantasy movie.

But someone should have stopped him,we all knew it was gonna fail.

u dont put billions into a movie based on video games ffs.
Not even Halo.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 06:55
I could go with the trite and obvious one. Shigeru Miyamoto.

But I like Kojima and Molyneux(sp?) equally right now
QuezcatoL

RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 06:58
Plz molyneux and kojima?

Metal gear and Popouls....lol

Yes they are great titles,but plz look at the most sold games and best reviewed,if all kojima has is his MGS serie,he shouldnt be considered the " best dev" .

He has to prove himself after Mgs serie.

I dont consider the people behind Halo to be the best dev,even though their games has sold like mgs and got even better review scores.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 07:15
Valve, for creating the best physics engine so far.

But when it comes to the games, I would say Kojima or Blizzard. Classics like Starcraft and the first Warcraft games is irreplaceble.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 07:20
The Greatest Developer of all time is Nintendo EAD. This division of Nintendo is responsible for Zelda Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Pikmin, Mario World, Mario Brothers 3 etc etc. Just look at the list of games they are responsible for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_EAD
Need I say more?
Alot of this is mainly due to Shigeru Miyamoto who is responsible for both Mario and Zelda and many others. An absolute legend!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 07:24

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

I say hirnobuo Sakaguchi,not only did he create squaresoft,he is also behind the man Final Fantasy,Chrono serie and games like xenogear,parasite eve,vagrant story etc.

That is my favorite as well, but shigeru miyamoto comes close.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 07:28

Valve, for creating the best physics engine so far

It was a company called Havok that developed the Physics engine for Half Life 2 not valve.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 07:30

Yes they are great titles,but plz look at the most sold games and best reviewed,if all kojima has is his MGS serie,he shouldnt be considered the " best dev" .

Most sold does not necessarily equate to a great developer. Kojima brought a cinematic feeling to games, it is almost a standard with large production games now. Molyneux does something that your suggested Dev doesn' t that is of course try to innovate at every turn.

But then again you got to remember, Greatest developer is all a matter of opinion.
QuezcatoL

RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 07:40
Well i would never base something on just most sold games,or else pokemon would have the best rpg serie ever...
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 09:06
Shigeru Miyamoto I would say. I mean he created mario and zelda and donkey kong. Any gamer young or old is or has been exposed to those games. Mario and zelda on the NES was a huge benchmark in gaming. hands down to Miyamoto
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 10:19
For me its a no brainer -

Miyamoto by a landslide
QuezcatoL

RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 11:02
Shigeru made me play and kind of like games,Sakaguchi made me turn gaming into a hobby.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 15:05
The guys over at blizzard gets the honor in my opinion, they are the only company i know of to cancel games thats been very near release because it wasnt up to their high standard.

when they choose to release a game you can be sure it will be flawless, with the except topn of MMO' s because those arent flawless no matter what, and WoW is still the best MMO to ever be concieved!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 16:21
Arcade: Yu Suzuki.
PC: Sid Meier.
Console: Too many for me to choose...
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 21:24
I would have to go ahead and say Blizzard actually, even purely based on the success, both critical and comercial of their IPs. I mean they have never made a bad game (this is the blizzard after Warcraft I am talking about; but even before they gave us vikings and some other good games as well). As far as which games I like however, it would have to be split between Squaresoft and Fumito Ueda' s team. Oh, and just one honorable mention: Black Isle, for creating one of the very few RPGs (Fallout) to actually deserve the title; I mean most of the games we like to define as RPGs (even when they first came out) would actually be better suited with the term leveluppers (I' m looking at you too, Western D&D based games). However, standing as a strak contrast and a testament to what can be achieved by a truly genius design team, the first two Fallout games actually provided almost complete freedom. Don' t want to complete the story line? That' s fine (I never did, and I played the game for 2 years!); you can just go become a drug runner instead... or a soldier, or a mobster, or a boxer, or you can even go down guns blazing trying to take down a whole town. Not only a great game, but trully a landmark achievement in gaming which should never be forgotten. Now let' s just hope bethesda know what they' re doing with number 3.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Greatest developer of all time. - Nov 11, 2006 22:46

It was a company called Havok that developed the Physics engine for Half Life 2 not valve.

Didn' t know that. I guess it is Kojima and Blizzard then. Or maybe Ubisoft.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll