Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3: HOME Network
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
PS3: HOME Network - Mar 08, 2007 09:49
HOME
Playstation 3 Virtual Online Network.

Borrowing elements off, LIVE, PSO lobby, Game Life ECT. Looks really impressive. Certainly and potentially a big one over LIVE.

http://www.playsyde.com/stream_3606_en.aspx

(yes, ive just noticed this was already posted, being soo far down is the reason why i miessed it)
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 8 Mar 07 1:55:08 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 08, 2007 10:02
looks pretty interesting. perhaps... too interesting
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 08, 2007 10:15
yeah I' m an Xbot but i must say, thet really blew me away. I didn' t expect it to be pulled off that smoothly. If I was microsoft I' d be sweating right about now, the potential this brings seems endless. This & that new community game has me interested now.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 08, 2007 10:28

yeah I' m an Xbot but i must say, thet really blew me away. I didn' t expect it to be pulled off that smoothly. If I was microsoft I' d be sweating right about now, the potential this brings seems endless. This & that new community game has me interested now.

Its cool and all, but i dont see it happening... atleast not for free that is. I dont see MS being to concerned since Sony cant even get online gaming right much less this. Even if they do im sure MS will do the same thing and then MS and Sony will start another " quit copying us" argument like 3 year olds
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 08, 2007 10:55
I was in the forth row during the keynote, it was awesome! Harrison actually had a good entertaining speech! I was shocked! Home looked okay. You' ll be charged for a lot of the stuff that' s gonna be a part of it and it seems like the type of thing that could get old kinda fast. What did blow me away was Little Big World. That alone had sony winning me over. I really enjoyed the whole presentation.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 08, 2007 19:37

I was in the forth row during the keynote, it was awesome! Harrison actually had a good entertaining speech! I was shocked! Home looked okay. You' ll be charged for a lot of the stuff that' s gonna be a part of it and it seems like the type of thing that could get old kinda fast. What did blow me away was Little Big World. That alone had sony winning me over. I really enjoyed the whole presentation.

First positive thing you said about sony in months Rampage...

Home looks very Second Life to me, Allthough its free. It looks awesome and I didnt think it would on such a large scale, Looks interesting.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 00:52
Well it' s the first thing Sony' s done right in months, lol.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 02:07
...it' s like a Second Life version of the Sims... ...and it' s not even a game!..

...someone' s been doing their homework methinks..
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 02:19
The more i read about this the more it horrifies me.

I mean seriouslllllllly! They have lost the plot on this one.

How does ripping off second life - an environment that most gamers dont actually like?

Calling it Game 3.0 - Jesus!

In what way does this address gamers needs by providing better infrastructure for developers and gamers alike? It doesnt!

What it does do is give Sony advertising streams inside their world and allows them to make more money.

Live is easy to get, yeah it has TV etc.. but they dont brag about it being the next generation of gameplay / gaming whatever.

I' ve had enough of this PR crap, and of Phil Harrison, give me something a hardcore gamer can sink his teeth on. You' ve got the potential in the hardware, just seems the marketeers have got to them this time round..

I don' t normally get uptight about this, but this has nothing to do with the wquality of next gen gaming. It is RETARDED.

But a good speech can cover the cracks, and as rampage was there maybe he can put a more positive slant on this as to how this will actually make games better?

At least they are doing good speeches though..?!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 02:51
The plastation 3 is already considered a console for the hardcore gamer. What Sony wanted to do was appeal to the other side of the fence. Home does that for them.

I agree with you Musashi, that this doesn' t offer much for gamers like us, but it' s still a good idea. The Japanese in particular seem to love this kind of stuff. The more consoles Sony sells, the better it will be for the hardcore gamers. If making stuff like this will result in sales, I' m all for it. Besides, it' s still a cool feature that I will use from time to time. I won' t have a nice apartment or anything, I will probably try and make it as ridiculous and out of order as possible.

Silentbomber

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 03:28

I don' t normally get uptight about this, but this has nothing to do with the quality of next gen gaming

Its is not about the quailty of next gen games, its about how we experaince them, Online this gen is going to be huge, allmost every major game will have it, And playstation Home will allow all Ps3 owners to connect to each other, explore the world of ps3 land and meet new ps3 owners to play.

It isnt a Game, But it does improve them.

Ikashiru

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 03:53
To be fair, I had had a terrible day at work and was expecting big things infrastructure wise from Sony - I have been a bit overly harsh.. Youre both right It will bring something to casual gamers.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 06:25

The plastation 3 is already considered a console for the hardcore gamer. What Sony wanted to do was appeal to the other side of the fence. Home does that for them.

When did madden and FF become hardcore?
Dagashi

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 06:34

When I drew cartoon spikes and shield on the NFL chars, and then ported in a version of Marcus Fenix from GoW into FF and had him kill all the girly men.

You know what I mean though, its price point, and games like FF(it takes a seriously long time to beat), its selection of adult themed titles and lesser known games that have a cult following. All the magazines and sites tend to refer to the ps3 and xbox360 as consoles for hardcore gamers, the xbox360 less so though due to its lower price and big online network.
Ikashiru

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 07:15

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

When I drew cartoon spikes and shield on the NFL chars, and then ported in a version of Marcus Fenix from GoW into FF and had him kill all the girly men.

That was sheer class!

Anways, if the Playstation is a hardcore gamers machine, what are the Saturn An DC to this day? Heck stuff for the DC is still charting above PS3 in Japan (ok allbeit once so far! & occasionally!) ?! That is hardcore... Now I just need some NES stuff to chart...
Silentbomber

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 07:17
If that happened in America or Europe Musashi I would be much more impressed. Those japs are crazy.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 10:54

Hell yes! EA should listen to your point of view
Dagashi

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 12:03

Hell yes! EA should listen to your point of view

Very true. Sad thing is..........it would be the most innovative thing they' ve done in more years than I can count on one hand.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 15:24
I personally think its a nice touch from sony. However who here believes that this will increase ps3 sales significantly (i don' t). I still think the US$600 is the main stumbling block. Good news for ps3 owners though.
Dagashi

RE: PS3: HOME Network - Mar 09, 2007 16:33

However who here believes that this will increase ps3 sales significantly (i don' t). I still think the US$600 is the main stumbling block. Good news for ps3 owners though.

Me. Everyone kept rambling on about no rumble and lack of online options. Sony is getting rid of that, which gives positive spin. It also gives reviewers less to complain about in any of their articles, and will more than likely garner positive comments from them.

Hype means a lot in the game industry today, the Wii is testament to that. It' s obviously not games, or graphics selling the thing. Even(dare I say it) Gears of War got a lot out of being hyped a considerable amount. It sold well, pushed Xbox360' s, got a lot of people(aka chumps) who otherwise had no idea who Cliff B. was to praise him as a gaming god. Difference is, GoW is good, cant say that for the former................... muahhaha, flame on wii lovers, flame on!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message