Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Trippy New MGS Trailer
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 05, 2008 23:09
I' m not sure whether I should get a sanitary napkin, and clean up the mess I just made, or whether I should take a 1/8ths drill bit to my temple to try to eradicate thoughts of more time paradox stuff.

Go watch it.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 05, 2008 23:50
watching it right now.

Very slick!
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 5 May 08 15:59:54 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 00:18
Everything on Kikizo is like a week old...

I guess i should start posting threads again eh...

As for the trailer...

The gameplay we' ve seen so far... the middle eastern shit... is supposed to be akin to the tanker level in MGS2. We haven' t seen shit yet. We knew we' d be going back to Shadow Moses when we saw the Rex vs Ray trailer... but if we get to explore the facility, or if as this trailer alleviates to we get to play through the game in the new engine... holy fuc.k!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 01:39
game of the year right here
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 02:14
Clever using MSG1 like that. Was easily my favourite MGS. Some might take it as a bad sign that Kojima has had to borrow from his old game to make his new one. Might be a sign he needs to move on - that and the whole Snake shooting himself in the head thing.

Looks awesome nonetheless.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 02:19
Edit: Graphics are ok,, such Ashame i played crysis. Very stiff and kinda lifeless. No doubt be a killer game though..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 5 May 08 18:34:27 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 04:00

Edit: Graphics are ok,, such Ashame i played crysis. Very stiff and kinda lifeless.

Kinda like... retro, y' know? Like, they didn' t use motion capture so it would still look like a Metal Gear Solid game... Gotcha...
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 11:19
They' ve been using mo-cap since MGS2, so I don' t know how the movements can look lifeless.

Anyway, I saw this a couple of days back and this only makes me wonder what surprise Kojima has in store for us this time, specially since the Snake in the Shadow Moses part is young Snake!

Edit: Graphics are ok,, such Ashame i played crysis. Very stiff and kinda lifeless. No doubt be a killer game though..

Your console of choice is the Wii, I thought graphics shouldn' t matter with you??
< Message edited by chimura -- 6 May 08 8:03:20 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 17:56

Your console of choice is the Wii, I thought graphics shouldn' t matter with you??

I like, smooth fluid animations good art and Silky smooth framerates Most the Wii games i own Tick this box.. Mario Galaxy is arguably one of the most gorgeous games to be played on my 200" projector screen.. Maybe not in HD and have crazy detailed textures and use tons of Polygons but it' s Gorgeous and flows like silk.. And this is on a console that never promised stunning CGI-Spiderman-film-like graphics like PS3 (well Sony).. So Sorry for being f.king disappointed.

Ive got to see more from this game but ive definitely noticed that the facial, clothing and the overall fluidness and flowing animations of the very first trailers, have been gimped down.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 6 May 08 10:25:49 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 18:27

I like, smooth fluid animations good art and Silky smooth framerates Most the Wii games i own Tick this box.. Mario Galaxy is arguably the most gorgeous game to be played on my 200" projector screen.. Maybe not in HD and have crazy detailed textures and use tons of Polygons but it' s Gorgeous.. And this is on a console that never promised stunning CGI-Spiderman-film-like graphics like PS3 (well Sony).. So Sorry for being f.king disappointed.

What are you talking about? The game looks low res and blocky on my 56" with the component cables hooked up to put out 480p. It looks good, but by no means is the most " gorgeous game" I' ve had on my screen. Sure it' s bright and colorful, but absolutely gorgeous? No.

I thought Americans were the only ones that were so instantly attracted to bright shiny objects................
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 18:48
Yo

What are you talking about? The game looks low res and blocky on my 56" with the component cables hooked up to put out 480p. It looks good, but by no means is the most " gorgeous game" I' ve had on my screen. Sure it' s bright and colorful, but absolutely gorgeous? No.

I thought Americans were the only ones that were so instantly attracted to bright shiny objects................

Not here to discuss what is clearly evident. In most of it' s reviews. I don' t think ive seen the words ' Gorgeous' and ' beautiful' used as much to descirbe a game.

Galaxy is Gorgeous, if you dissagree you have a shit Panel, shit taste or lack of understand of what makes a gorgeous looking game..
Nitro

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 19:07
Galaxy is a work of art. It reduces the medium to a singular base component - fun.

It doesn' t need an engaging story, it doesn' t need lengthy cutscenes, it doesn' t need the most advanced technologies available. It survives, ...thrives even, on it' s gameplay, which is without a shadow of a doubt - absolute genius.

Galaxy' s attractiveness stems from it' s art direction. The models look fine, nothing outstanding, ...the lighting is ok, not amazing, and the textures are acceptable at best... but it transcends everything we' ve come to expect from a new release in terms of technological advancement by being a typical Nintendo game that Nintendo got right.

By that i mean that it' s another example of Nintendo hitting the nail square on the head as opposed to just slightly off angle. Super Mario 64 and Wind Waker are other examples of Nintendo getting a Nintendo games right. Twilight Princess and Sunshine are examples of them hiccuping as the hammer hits. They' re great games but they lack that perfect quality.

Metal Gear is a different beast. It' s genius, but in a different way. The gameplay is fun, but you don' t play for the gameplay... if you know what i mean. It' s an experience... like watching a movie or seeing a live band play. The gameplay is a means to an end.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 19:22

Galaxy is a work of art. It reduces the medium to a singular base component - fun.

It doesn' t need an engaging story, it doesn' t need lengthy cutscenes, it doesn' t need the most advanced technologies available. It survives, ...thrives even, on it' s gameplay, which is without a shadow of a doubt - absolute genius.

Galaxy' s attractiveness stems from it' s art direction. The models look fine, nothing outstanding, ...the lighting is ok, not amazing, and the textures are acceptable at best... but it transcends everything we' ve come to expect from a new release in terms of technological advancement by being a typical Nintendo game that Nintendo got right.

By that i mean that it' s another example of Nintendo hitting the nail square on the head as opposed to just slightly off angle. Super Mario 64 and Wind Waker are other examples of Nintendo getting a Nintendo games right. Twilight Princess and Sunshine are examples of them hiccuping as the hammer hits. They' re great games but they lack that perfect quality.

Metal Gear is a different beast. It' s genius, but in a different way. The gameplay is fun, but you don' t play for the gameplay... if you know what i mean. It' s an experience... like watching a movie or seeing a live band play. The gameplay is a means to an end.

You should do more reviews for Kikizo Nitro
Nitro

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 06, 2008 19:29

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

You should do more reviews for Kikizo Nitro

I wish i had the time
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 07, 2008 01:57
Loved the reference to Assassin' s Creed in the end, hehe. Subtle Mr. Kojima very subtle. Looks good, probably will only be playable in a dream sequence like is proposed in the video.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 07, 2008 02:01
' Sup Alecrein. Long time no see.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Trippy New MGS Trailer - May 08, 2008 06:38
Kojima torturing the fans as always.

he gameplay we' ve seen so far... the middle eastern shit... is supposed to be akin to the tanker level in MGS2. We haven' t seen shit yet.

I agree. They did that with MGS3 as well. Most videos were from the virtuous mission which is very short and thats why im comfortable while watching MGS videos since i know that they wont spoil the game for me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll