Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 05, 2008 11:06

Back in February, we heard from a reliable source that the release of Rock Band in Europe was going to finally happen in May, but only for the Xbox 360 crowd. Those in the PlayStation 3 camp were going to have to settle for September. We contacted EA for confirmation, but they opted to neither confirm or deny the information. Today, we' ve heard from two other sources, neither of which are total confirmation, that that may have been accurate.

First, Kotaku reader Brooza was notified by Amazon UK that his pre-order, dating back to June 2007, finally had a ship date of May 15 to May 22. We have yet to hear from anyone who had pre-ordered the PS3 SKU.

Second, a poster on the NeoGAF forums, citing a retailer memo, also pegs Rock Band' s European tour will start on May 22, retailing for 169.99 Euro (about $260 in current US dollars). That memo is said to also list the PS3 and PS2 editions for the fall. We' re following up again with EA' s European folks and will update when we hear back.

Is it just me or is everything game related all about Rockband these days?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 05, 2008 12:36
Its not out in europe yet? Hmmm. I can sing my ass off in that game...but i need to be really drunk to do such think but I fuckn own the vocals! I can even do Creep, All the Small Things and Orange Crush while play the guitar on medium, sometimes hard.

...I fuckn suck at drums tho...
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 05, 2008 15:50
It' s a shame that by the time half the world gets Rock Band, I will already be bored of it.

I really enjoyed the game for the first couple months, but there are only so many times you can play a song(especially since I love drums, but not so much guitar). I bought at least 12 songs with DLC, but after a while I just don' t feel like spending more cash on them. Especially when they are $1.50 vs the $1 in the US, even though our dollar is worth as much, or damn near.

I really hope the build quality of the components is up to snuff when they ship to Europe and Australia, because the first batch was complete shit. The set my roomate and I bought first went to crap in 1 month. First the strum bar became damn near useless. Then one of the drum pads cracked down the middle, but was still playable. After that the kickpedal broke. Then a different drum pad which looked fine, stopped working. I didn' t play the things hard at all, and I took very good care of them because I knew from the net that they were delicate. Yet they still fell apart.

Either way, It' s a great game for fans of this type of game. I never really liked Guitar Hero, so the fact that I enjoyed Rock Band as much as I did says a lot.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 05, 2008 23:34
Europe always have to fu.cking wait, well at least we don' t have to wait for Mario Kart.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 06, 2008 02:16
It' s just typical that my two most anticipated games of the year (this and Brawl) are being released over here months after their US releases.

Apparently Wii Fit being released in Europe first is supposed to be some kind of compensation for the delay of Brawl.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 06, 2008 05:13

Apparently Wii Fit being released in Europe first is supposed to be some kind of compensation for the delay of Brawl.
Seems reasonable
Duffman

Marink

RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 08, 2008 21:05
Fucking sweet!

Looks like I won' t have to get Guitar Hero 3 after all.
Karlius

• Total Posts : 3
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 08, 2008 21:43
Apparently GHIII Guitar works on Rockband on 360 but not on PS3. Ah well. lol
Duffman

RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 08, 2008 21:44

IGN: Perhaps more disappointing is the price: unlike the US, which received a Special Edition that includes the game, a Fender Strat guitar, the drum kit and a mic, all for $169 – Europe will only get an Instrument Edition priced £129.99 / 169 Euros, including the three peripherals but not the game – which, bought separately, will set you back £49.99 / 69.99 Euros. So, if you want the proper Rock Band experience, the minimum you' re going to have to shell out is around £180 / 240 Euros.

160 euro and you don' t even get the fu.ckin game!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 08, 2008 21:46
I would never pay that much for a single game. Its fucking stupid, i will not reward the manufacturing of naerly useless periphials with my money!
Duffman

RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 08, 2008 21:48

I would never pay that much for a single game. Its ***ing stupid, i will not reward the manufacturing of naerly useless periphials with my money!

Same here, 240 Euro is fu.cking crazy!
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 08, 2008 21:54
What I hate most is they just go ooh so many dollars same price in euros...idiots seem to forget that there' s actually a difference...especially on a figure like that of rockband.

Wasn' t going to buy it anyway but with a price like that...I don' t know you have to be an idiot to buy the damn thing
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 05:28
What a f*****g joke. I’ve been waiting (too) patiently for Rock Band since November and now a release date is in sight EA want me to pay £180 for all the kit and the game… the same amount of money for a Wii Console in the UK (including Wii Sports, and both parts of the controller I may add). They can go p**s off. I’ll wait until next Christmas when they drop the price. Hopefully nobody buys the damn thing to teach the greedy f**ks a lesson. I would have paid £130 for the instruments and game without hesitation but just that for the bundle without the game is a slap in the face.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 05:31
Well, the way you' re supposed to look at Rock Band is as an individual
investment from everyone that is going to play it...

There' s no point in purchasing Rock Band if you plan on having your two arms
& your third leg as the core band members.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 05:43
What, you didn' t realize that being a musician is all about saving up to buy expensive equipment?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 05:52
Yeah, but not to be a fake musician. I can buy a real guitar for £180.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 8 Apr 08 21:53:31 >
Marink

RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 17:43
For £180 you could get:

a Nintendo Wii
an Xbox 360
2 Nintendo DS
2 Sony PSP
½ PS3
a basic laptop
Apple iPod Classic 80GB & 1gig iPod Shuffle
Apple 8GB iPod Touch
Cinema Tickets for you and 35 Friends
At least 5 new games
< Message edited by Marink -- 9 Apr 08 10:10:32 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 18:02

a Nintendo Wii
2 Nintendo DS
2 Sony PSP
½ PS3
a basic laptop
Apple iPod Classic 80GB & 1gig iPod Shuffle
Apple 8GB iPod Touch
Cinema Tickets for you and 35 Friends
At least 5 new games

you can also get a 360
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: RUMOR: Rockband Dated for EU - Apr 09, 2008 19:58
Why is it that Europe gets stiffed again, it' s decisions like this that could eventually start to kill off the industry, they almost killed the PC market by trying to get PC gamers to pay to play games like Star Wars galaxies and the like, why does the industry always take from us and never give anything back?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message