Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How best to play HALO?
Insanity Prawn Boy

• Total Posts : 16
How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 06:43
Gaming has been good for me recently, a birthday providing me with shadow of the colossus and we love katamari for PS2 and a shiny new psp with plenty of games, but my poor PC seems rather neglected. I haven' t got a new game for it in the last year and it has been primarily tasked with online games which arent too great (stickman sam cant quite cut the mustard) I played jedi academy till i got bored (which took a while i assure you) so i needed something new.
Then i remembered aa little mentioned xbox game called HALO which is supposed to be quite good, despite there beiong practically no hype involved. its got a pc version, so i thought about buying it. However i was unsure if my pc could handle it, so i considered the other options...

Okay all that was a little boring, but seriously, what would the kikizo lot reccommend for me to play halo? Should i buy the pc version, get a bargain bucket Xbox or get a 360 for christmas?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 07:10
If you' re talking about Halo 1 then it was a neglected port to PC - as far as I remember it was a terrible console to PC port in fact.

xbox version is the one most gamers finished and it' s great , but if you want it in 720p resolution and 60 frames per second (I think that' s the case - could be wrong though) - get a 360 (and have a next gen console ready for many other cool games - halo 2 and 3 included).
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 07:10
We all know the answer here, get the 360 at Christmas. First of all 360 is [sort of] backwards compataible with xbox 1 games, not every one of them play, but Halo 1 + 2 do and you would be able to pick them up cheap come christmas, Since you got two excellant ps2 games and a shiny new psp I say that will hold you off till Christmas, since the weather is nice now you should play that psp outside too.

Halo isnt anything sepcial on pc.
Insanity Prawn Boy

• Total Posts : 16
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 20:27
Thats what I thought, though I want a PS3 I don' t fancy giving one of my legs to get one this year. By the time my birthday rolls in the PS3 will be much easier to obtain, and possibly cheaper.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 16, 2006 22:40
not to mention some decent games will coming out too and you will have some nice ones to choose from.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 17, 2006 04:24
go for an xbox 360 if you really want to enjoy halo.
Halo PC blows goats for quarters.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 18, 2006 00:02
I didn' t mind the PC Halo port, but that' s only because I didn' t know what I was missing. It wasn' t completely awful, but after playing it on the Xbox, I don' t think I could go back.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 17 Jul 06 16:04:09 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: How best to play HALO? - Jul 18, 2006 07:33
Halo PC aiming is shitastic, all they did was remove the autoaim, there is a horribly wierd mouse acceleration present that makes it a joke. The performance is also a joke. Gets a lower frame rate than Half-Life 2 and has worse graphics.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll